Author Topic: GOP presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy wants to ‘cancel Juneteenth’  (Read 322 times)

Offline Kamaji

GOP presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy wants to ‘cancel Juneteenth’

By Victor Nava
August 7, 2023

Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy has called for replacing Juneteenth with Election Day as a national holiday, deriding the celebration of the end of slavery in the US as “useless.”

“Single day voting, on Election Day,” the 37-year-old entrepreneur and longshot 2024 White House contender proposed in a speech before Iowa voters on Saturday. “We will make Election Day a holiday in the United States of America, so there’s no complaints about it.” 

However, Ramaswamy told the crowd that in order to make room for another federal holiday, one of the current 11 would need to be removed from the calendar.

“Cancel Juneteenth or one of the other useless ones we made up,” Ramaswamy said. “You can’t have everything be a holiday, but we’ll cancel one of the other ones and make Election Day a holiday.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/07/vivek-ramaswamy-says-he-wants-to-cancel-juneteenth/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Preach it, Vivek.

This guy has guts.

Can you imagine a white Republican candidate with the intestinal fortitude to say this?

Offline libertybele

Preach it, Vivek.

This guy has guts.

Can you imagine a white Republican candidate with the intestinal fortitude to say this?

I disagree.  It doesn't take guts to preach to people what they want to hear.  Ramsy is another O'Bammy in the rough.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

I am fully on board with all that.

Juneteenth is a joke.  Obviously a “stick it to them” rush job, catering to BLM miscreants, and a joke just based on the stupidity of the “name”.

And get Election Day back to what it was, before about 10 years ago.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I disagree.  It doesn't take guts to preach to people what they want to hear.  Ramsy is another O'Bammy in the rough.

:yowsa:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Cancel the negro indolence day would be like saying that guys with balls can play women's sports to a libtard./
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.