Author Topic: Biden Accelerating His EV Fantasy By Forcing The Sale Of Unwanted Cars  (Read 148 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY EDITORIAL BOARD ON AUG 7, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Biden Accelerating His EV Fantasy By Forcing The Sale Of Unwanted Cars

The administration has just mashed the accelerator in its relentless drive to outlaw affordable cars and the freedom they represent.

The National Highway Safety Administration’s July 28 proposal would raise the mandatory average fuel economy target for automakers to an improbable 58 miles per gallon, essentially forcing Ford, Toyota, and Kia to sell more electric cars, whether customers want them or not. [emphasis, links added]

Automakers, which generally do their best to get along with their federal masters, indicated that the new rule is neither reasonable nor achievable.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/biden-accelerating-his-ev-fantasy-by-forcing-the-sale-of-unwanted-cars/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson