Author Topic: Costs Beginning To Change The Net Zero Debate In The UK  (Read 143 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Costs Beginning To Change The Net Zero Debate In The UK
« on: August 08, 2023, 10:16:27 am »
Costs Beginning To Change The Net Zero Debate In The UK
August 06, 2023/ Francis Menton

I have long said that when the costs of fossil fuel suppression policies start to hit home to average consumers, the whole climate alarm movement will become politically toxic, and will fade away. 

So far in the U.S. we haven’t seen much movement in this direction.  The red states are mostly alert to the issue of the costs of Net Zero, and want no part of fossil fuel suppression.  The blue states have inflicted some substantial early costs on themselves (up to about doubling the cost of electricity in the case of California) without the voters having yet gotten too upset.  At the federal level, the misnamed “Inflation Reduction Act” passes out hundreds of billions of dollars worth of handouts and subsidies to hide the cost of fossil fuel suppression from the public.  It could be several more years before blue state voters figure out how they are getting fleeced.

But in Europe, and particularly in the UK, there are serious signs of shifting political winds.  The Global Warming Policy Foundation is the UK’s leading think tank opposing Net Zero energy policies; and as a board member of its U.S. affiliate American Friends of the GWPF, I have a ringside seat to observe the shift.

https://www.manhattancontrarian.com/blog/2023-8-5-costs-beginning-to-change-the-net-zero-debate-in-the-uk
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson