Author Topic: House Democrats Showed You They Don't Care About Our Veterans  (Read 160 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
House Democrats Showed You They Don't Care About Our Veterans
« on: August 07, 2023, 05:51:08 pm »
House Democrats Showed You They Don't Care About Our Veterans

Reps. Elise Stefanik, Mike Bost and Mariannette Miller Meeks
Fri, August 4, 2023 at 9:56 AM EDT·

The opinions expressed in this op-ed are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of Military.com. If you would like to submit your own commentary, please send your article to opinions@military.com for consideration.

Our nation's veterans have selflessly served and sacrificed for our country. As chairman of the Veterans Affairs Committee, chairwoman of the Veterans Affairs Subcommittee on Health, and the representative of Fort Drum, New York, we understand it is our solemn duty to honor their sacrifice, service and heroism.

That is why we, along with the rest of our House Republican colleagues, committed to fully fund veterans benefits in our budgets to ensure the men and women who have served have access to the care, benefits and services they have earned.

Last week, we fulfilled our commitment to our veterans when we passed the Fiscal 2024 Military Construction and Veterans Affairs Appropriations bill. This bill fully funds veterans' health care programs, benefits and other Department of Veterans Affairs programs, including the electronic health record modernization initiative, and fully funds toxic exposure-related needs for fiscal 2024. Our MilCon-VA Appropriations bill is an increase of more than $16 billion over fiscal 2023 enacted levels.

https://news.yahoo.com/house-democrats-showed-dont-care-135624947.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson