Author Topic: BARNETT: Biden’s Immigration Policy Is A $3 Billion “Golden Ticket” For Parolees. Not So Much For Ta  (Read 173 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
BARNETT: Biden’s Immigration Policy Is A $3 Billion “Golden Ticket” For Parolees. Not So Much For Taxpayers

REUTERS/Daniel Becerril

DON BARNETT
CONTRIBUTOR
August 04, 2023
9:29 PM ET

The Biden administration recently implemented seemingly tough asylum restrictions to ease the border crisis.

Though the administration claims that the new restrictions have slashed illegal immigration levels, the total number of foreigners crossing into the United States hasn’t changed much.

The Biden administration is simply twisting the law to “legally” bring in hundreds of thousands of foreigners who would have otherwise come here illegally. Once here, they’ll put pressure on American workers and strain our already-overburdened safety net programs. And given that a federal judge just struck down the administration’s asylum restrictions, the total number of economic migrants flocking to the United States may soon rise.

According to CBS News, the Biden administration has admitted at least 541,000 migrants through its “parole” authority, which allows the government to welcome immigrants who don’t have visas. The CBS News estimate is a serious undercount. It excludes some parole programs that ran for a while but were later ended by the courts — and ignores the fact that DHS doesn’t fully release parolee numbers. The number of parolees in the country now is well over 1 million, with some estimates putting the number at 1.4 million.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/08/04/barnett-bidens-immigration-policy-is-a-3-billion-golden-ticket-for-foreigners-not-so-much-for-taxpayers/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson