Author Topic: Texas pecan farmer says unsecured border is wreaking havoc on farmers' safety and equipment  (Read 184 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Texas pecan farmer says unsecured border is wreaking havoc on farmers' safety and equipment
Ivey said before former President Trump's border wall went up, equipment was being stolen, vandalized and there wasn't a sense of security.

By Charlotte Hazard
Updated: August 4, 2023 - 11:38pm

Texas pecan farmer and second-generation Mexican-American Jennifer Ivey says her family’s life and livelihood vastly improved when former President Donald Trump stepped up construction of the wall along the southern U.S. border.

Now conditions have turned perilous, she says, because the U.S. Border Patrol has been overrun by the Biden-era migrant surge.

"Before the wall was built, all night long, the dogs were barking," Ivey recently told the "Just the News, No Noise" TV show. "It was a constant issue with illegals crossing – whether they were dropping drugs or human trafficking or whatever was going on, we were never safe. Once that wall was put in place, everything changed."

https://justthenews.com/government/security/wkdtexas-pecan-farmer-says-unsecured-border-wreaking-havoc-farmers-safety-and
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson