Author Topic: Army Prepares to Fight Massive Armies of Autonomous Attack Robots  (Read 149 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army Prepares to Fight Massive Armies of Autonomous Attack Robots
Army Futures Command prepares to destroy autonomous, terminator-type enemy robots
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATION15 HOURS AGO
By Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

The Pentagon may have no intention of deploying fully-autonomous “lethal” terminator-type robots that kill without human intervention, but that does not mean the Army and its fellow services are not preparing to fight them. Sure enough, enemy forces are quite likely if not fully expected to deploy thousands of autonomous armed robots programmed to attack without human intervention.

Army Futures Command is working on a cutting edge dual trajectory, which includes recognizing and applying the breakthrough merits of AI in areas such as surveillance, networking, automated defensive weapons and data scaling and management, while at the same time anticipating a future warfare environment in which adversaries send fully autonomous attack robots to kill without regard for ethics.

“We are a value-based military and will remain so. Through experimentation we will determine what levels of autonomy are needed and are acceptable on the future battlefield. That will be incorporated into doctrine by our teammates over at TRADOC,” Mr. William Nelson, Deputy, Army Futures Command, told Warrior in an interview.

https://warriormaven.com/land/army-prepares-to-fight-massive-armies-of-autonomous-attack-robots
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson