Author Topic: Thousands of US sailors, Marines reach Red Sea after Iran tensions  (Read 134 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Thousands of US sailors, Marines reach Red Sea after Iran tensions

More than 3,000 US military personnel have arrived in the Red Sea aboard two warships, as part of increased deployments after tanker seizures by Iran, the US Navy said Monday.

The US sailors and Marines entered the Red Sea on Sunday after transiting through the Suez Canal in a pre-announced deployment, the US Navy's Fifth Fleet said in a statement.

They arrived on board the USS Bataan and USS Carter Hall warships, providing "greater flexibility and maritime capability" to the Fifth Fleet, the statement added.

The US military says Iran has either seized or attempted to take control of nearly 20 internationally flagged ships in the region over the past two years.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/thousands-of-us-sailors-marines-reach-red-sea-after-iran-tensions/ar-AA1eTp0D?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=58e00e533000460889a5a262d8dd2972&ei=37
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson