Author Topic: A DeSantis Primary Victory Is Still Possible. Here’s Why  (Read 1837 times)

Offline corbe

Re: A DeSantis Primary Victory Is Still Possible. Here’s Why
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2023, 06:59:21 pm »
Is that really true?

EverTrumpers keep telling us DeSantis is “disloyal” for (something) after winning because Trump endorsed him, and DeSantis played on Trump values.

So did he get an endorsement last time or not?  When was that Ron’s Trump MAGA ad from?

You tell me the first time DeSantis ran for Gov of Florida w/Trump endorsement he won by 1~2%.  His reelection he won by +20% without the Trump endorsement @the OlLine Rebel
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2023, 07:03:13 pm »
Don't underestimate his secret weapon  :laugh:

Video:

https://twitter.com/miguelifornia/status/1687502712752242691

Offline corbe

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2023, 07:03:31 pm »
@corbe

Exactly where did you find that piece?  I'm not familiar with that guy, but I suppose I should be.  Thanks!

@Maj. Bill Martin Though Trumpers abound, particularly in a few Moderators, The owner is pro DeSantis.  It makes for some interesting reading in the comments section-The Right Scoop.

https://therightscoop.com/watch-heres-gov-desantis-full-answer-on-trump-and-the-2020-race/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2023, 07:14:03 pm »
Don't underestimate his secret weapon  :laugh:

Video:

https://twitter.com/miguelifornia/status/1687502712752242691

What is up with the vests? Looks like they are trying to score a job at Grocery Outlet Bargain Market.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline corbe

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2023, 07:24:16 pm »
   Wholesome American Woman. She'd look damn good in anything, but Maxim Magazine~naked.       :smokin:

Offline berdie

« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2023, 09:16:43 pm »
Exactly.  All these prognostications at this point are like faulty details reported in the moments after a major disaster.  All hype and little to no facts. Nobody has heard most of these candidates yet.

Agree. Most people don't even start thinking about this stuff until right before the election.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2023, 09:37:54 pm »
Is that really true?

EverTrumpers keep telling us DeSantis is “disloyal” for (something) after winning because Trump endorsed him, and DeSantis played on Trump values.

So did he get an endorsement last time or not?  When was that Ron’s Trump MAGA ad from?

The first time Ron DeSantis ran for governor, Donald Trump endorsed him, and he won in a squeaker. The second time, DeSantis did not seek Trump’s endorsement and won a landslide.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/22/desantis-trump-support-governors-mansion-00040942
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 09:51:02 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2023, 09:48:51 pm »

You tell me the first time DeSantis ran for Gov of Florida w/Trump endorsement he won by 1~2%.

@corbe

In other words,he would have lost the first time without Trumps endorsement.  Thanks for that little factoid.

His reelection he won by +20% without the Trump endorsement @the OlLine Rebel

Big deal. He was already  in office by the,and incumbents usually win.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2023, 09:54:48 pm »

@corbe

In other words,he would have lost the first time without Trumps endorsement.  Thanks for that little factoid.

Actually, no.  He nearly lost the first time because of Trump's endorsement.  That's why he didn't seek an endorsement the second time around.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2023, 09:56:55 pm »

@corbe

I can easily say that Trump’s 2018 endorsement kept his win from being decisive

When he ran for reelection in 2020 without Trump’s endorsement, he won decisively by attracting voters who not vote for him in 2018 with Trump’s endorsement.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline corbe

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2023, 10:03:57 pm »
   Here's a contrary scenario.  Sen Cruz half heartly endorsed Trump in 16, he won.  Sen Cruz fully endorsed Trump in 20 and he lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2023, 10:05:42 pm »
Actually, no.  He nearly lost the first time because of Trump's endorsement.

@Kamaji

ROFLMAO!

I bet he is a direct descendant of Jesus too,right?

That's why he didn't seek an endorsement the second time around.

He didn't seek the endorsement the second time around because he ALREADY had the office,and was already planning on running against Trump.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2023, 10:09:37 pm »

I can easily say that Trump’s 2018 endorsement kept his win from being decisive

@LMAO

You can easily say that red is green and that Biden is a genius,but that won't make either true.

When he ran for reelection in 2020 without Trump’s endorsement, he won decisively by attracting voters who not vote for him in 2018 with Trump’s endorsement.

DeSanctimonious groupie talk.

Tell me,Bubba,HOW do you he would have lost votes if Trump had endorsed him?

Learn that  at a seance?

Did the WH tell you?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2023, 10:09:44 pm »

@Kamaji

ROFLMAO!

I bet he is a direct descendant of Jesus too,right?

He didn't seek the endorsement the second time around because he ALREADY had the office,and was already planning on running against Trump.

The reason he did not seek a Trump endorsement the second time because he knew that would be the kiss of death

And incumbents don’t always win reelection

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2023, 10:10:46 pm »
@LMAO

You can easily say that red is green and that Biden is a genius,but that won't make either true.

DeSanctimonious groupie talk.

Tell me,Bubba,HOW do you he would have lost votes if Trump had endorsed him?

Learn that  at a seance?

Did the WH tell you?

Gypsy fortune teller tell you that?

The election results tell me that. DeSantis barely won with Trump’s endorsement in 2018 that it had to go to a recount.

In 2022, he pulled in voters who did not vote for him the first time. Why do you think that is?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 10:18:45 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2023, 10:14:29 pm »
The election results tell me that. DeSantis barely one with trumps endorsement in 2018 that I had to go to a recount.

@LMAO

TOTAL BS! You have absolutely ZERO proof of this,and are just assuming your prejudices against Rich,Rude Man are true.

In 2022, he pulled in folders that did not vote for him the first time. Why do you think that is?

Because he was an incumbent and incumbents always have the advantage unless there is some sort of scandal going on.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2023, 10:18:04 pm »
Go back further.

Poll shows Trump endorsement gives DeSantis an edge in Florida governor’s race

https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2018/07/17/poll-shows-trump-endorsement-gives-desantis-an-edge-in-florida-governors-race-513549
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LMAO

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2023, 10:20:04 pm »
@LMAO

TOTAL BS! You have absolutely ZERO proof of this,and are just assuming your prejudices against Rich,Rude Man are true.

Because he was an incumbent and incumbents always have the advantage unless there is some sort of scandal going on.

I have the election results.

With Trump’s endorsement, he barely won in 2018. He won on a recount.

Without Trump’s endorsement, he won decisively in 2020. And by 20 points. Incumbents don’t win by 20 points unless voters are extremely happy with their job performance.

Those are the facts. Sorry if that upsets you

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2018/11/15/florida-recount-ron-desantis-prevails-over-andrew-gillum-governor/2006942002/
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 10:24:13 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2023, 10:26:25 pm »
I have the election results.

With Trump’s endorsement, he barely won in 2018. He won on a recount.

Without Trump’s endorsement, he won decisively in 2020. And by 20 points. Incumbents don’t win by 20 points unless voters are extremely happy with their job performance.

Those are the facts. Sorry if that upsets you

@LMAO

Upsets me? I think it is freaking hilarious. You are a full-fledged DeSanctimonious groupie that thinks he farts rainbows.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2023, 10:27:47 pm »

@LMAO

Upsets me? I think it is freaking hilarious. You are a full-fledged DeSanctimonious groupie that thinks he farts rainbows.

Look, I’ve provided links, and the facts. You countered with your feelings. My links and facts beat your feelings. Your lashing out doesn’t change reality
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 10:29:41 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2023, 10:44:07 pm »
Look, I’ve provided links, and the facts.

@LMAO

You provided links that are unrelated,NO actual facts. You can't POSSIBLY be so freaking stupid you actually think one election is closely related to another,when in one election your Lust Bunny is a candidate,and in the next one he is a Governor running for re-election.

You countered with your feelings.  My links and facts beat your feelings. Your lashing out doesn’t change reality

That's rich,coming from a groupie like you.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2023, 10:52:13 pm »

@LMAO

You provided links that are unrelated,NO actual facts. You can't POSSIBLY be so freaking stupid you actually think one election is closely related to another,when in one election your Lust Bunny is a candidate,and in the next one he is a Governor running for re-election.

That's rich,coming from a groupie like you.

How do you debate somebody that, no matter how many times you present facts

and links, they still prefer to put their finger in their ears, close their eyes, and go “la la la la la la la?”

Just an FYI, our own Senator distanced himself from Trump in 2022 and won reelection

When you have something beyond just opinions or your normal, name-calling, ping me

« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 11:02:48 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2023, 10:59:40 pm »
I really hope this thread doesn’t sink into nonsense.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2023, 11:00:45 pm »
Why a pic is worth a thousand words...

DeSantis rally in Iowa a day or two ago:

(maybe half of 'em are press people)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2023, 11:11:56 pm »
I really hope this thread doesn’t sink into nonsense.
@Lando Lincoln

The Irish Rovers - The Orange and the Green

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqs4EbU02As