Author Topic: Burglar takes break from robbing home to cozy up with overly friendly family dog  (Read 485 times)

Offline Kamaji

Burglar takes break from robbing home to cozy up with overly friendly family dog: ‘I love you, too’

By Emma Colton, Fox News
August 7, 2023

So much for man’s best friend.

A suspected bike thief in California was seen pausing his alleged crime to pet and cuddle with the victim’s golden retriever, surveillance footage of the home shows.

“In a rather peculiar turn of events, as the suspect was about to make his escape, he paused to pet the household dog who had entered the garage,” the San Diego Police Department posted on its Facebook page.

An unidentified male entered a garage at a home in San Diego’s Pacific Beach neighborhood at about 10:40 p.m. on July 15 to reportedly steal a pricey 2019 black Electra 3-speed bicycle, which has an estimated cost of $1,300, according to police.

“This isn’t your average bike; it’s distinct, featuring ‘8-ball’ caps on the tire valves, an ‘8-ball’ logo on the frame, and a rear wheel frame marked with a checkered black and white pattern,” the police department said.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/07/burglar-takes-break-from-robbing-home-to-cozy-up-with-overly-friendly-family-dog-i-love-you-too/

Online Polly Ticks

Our lazy old dachshund wouldn't go quite that far, but he probably wouldn't bestir himself to actually get up from his cozy bed, either. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
My dogs would do the same..they love everybody... :shrug:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Dog played him like a fiddle.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well,Golden Retrievers are not exactly aggressive dogs.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Well in the dog's defense it is a Golden Retriever  :silly: :silly: probably the goofiest and lovingest dog around. If you want to have a dog that protects your property you best be looking to something like a German Shephard, Dobie or Rottweiler. I wouldn't want to be a thief going up against my daughters Cane Corso either.

Offline berdie

Well in the dog's defense it is a Golden Retriever  :silly: :silly: probably the goofiest and lovingest dog around. If you want to have a dog that protects your property you best be looking to something like a German Shephard, Dobie or Rottweiler. I wouldn't want to be a thief going up against my daughters Cane Corso either.

Or Malinois.