Author Topic: Mike Pence trashes Trump as ‘wrong then and wrong now’  (Read 596 times)

Offline Kamaji

Mike Pence trashes Trump as ‘wrong then and wrong now’
« on: August 06, 2023, 05:56:39 pm »
Mike Pence trashes Trump as ‘wrong then and wrong now’ on alleged attempts to overthrow 2020 election

By Carl Campanile
August 6, 2023 12:30pm

Former Vice President Mike Pence on Sunday trashed his former boss Donald Trump for allegedly attempting to overthrow the 2020 election — and defended his actions in blocking the ex-president from doing so.

“What I want the American people to know is that President Trump was wrong then and wrong now. I had no right to overturn the election,” Pence said on CNN’s “State of the Union” while stumping in New Hampshire.

“By God’s grace, I did my duty under the constitution of the United States and I always will.”

Pence, along with Congress, certified the election of President Biden as the winner of the 2020 election — over Trump’s objections.

The former VP’s criticism of Trump Sunday parrots statements he made last week after Trump, 77, was indicted on four counts over his alleged efforts to cling to power and overturn the 2020 presidential race.

Prosecutors allege Trump unlawfully supported a scheme to put forward fraudulent electors and pressured Pence and various state officials to reject Biden’s victory. The ex-president said Pence was “too honest,” according to the indictment.

“Today’s indictment serves as an important reminder: anyone who puts himself over the Constitution should never be President of the United States,” Pence tweeted Tuesday.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/06/pence-trashes-trump-as-wrong-then-and-wrong-now-on-alleged-attempts-to-overthrow-2020-election/

Offline libertybele

Re: Mike Pence trashes Trump as ‘wrong then and wrong now’
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2023, 06:22:12 pm »
Mike Pence trashes Trump as ‘wrong then and wrong now’ on alleged attempts to overthrow 2020 election

By Carl Campanile
August 6, 2023 12:30pm

Former Vice President Mike Pence on Sunday trashed his former boss Donald Trump for allegedly attempting to overthrow the 2020 election — and defended his actions in blocking the ex-president from doing so.

“What I want the American people to know is that President Trump was wrong then and wrong now. I had no right to overturn the election,” Pence said on CNN’s “State of the Union” while stumping in New Hampshire.

“By God’s grace, I did my duty under the constitution of the United States and I always will.”

Pence, along with Congress, certified the election of President Biden as the winner of the 2020 election — over Trump’s objections.

The former VP’s criticism of Trump Sunday parrots statements he made last week after Trump, 77, was indicted on four counts over his alleged efforts to cling to power and overturn the 2020 presidential race.

Prosecutors allege Trump unlawfully supported a scheme to put forward fraudulent electors and pressured Pence and various state officials to reject Biden’s victory. The ex-president said Pence was “too honest,” according to the indictment.

“Today’s indictment serves as an important reminder: anyone who puts himself over the Constitution should never be President of the United States,” Pence tweeted Tuesday.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/06/pence-trashes-trump-as-wrong-then-and-wrong-now-on-alleged-attempts-to-overthrow-2020-election/

I believe that Pence is who the GOPe wants to back and become the nominee.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2023, 06:23:03 pm »

With almost no support whatsoever?  WADR, I find that hard to believe.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2023, 06:30:50 pm »
With almost no support whatsoever?  WADR, I find that hard to believe.

The GOPe will back him.  Who else do they have that's a RINO? Trump is doing the leftists a favor by going after DeSantis.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2023, 06:32:29 pm »
The GOPe will back him.  Who else do they have that's a RINO? Trump is doing the leftists a favor by going after DeSantis.

So far they haven't.  And unless they're going to manufacture a vote-stealing operation that would dwarf whatever the democrats did in 2020, he's never going to get the nomination, let alone the general election.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2023, 07:08:27 pm »

The GOPe wants Trump as the nominee just like they did in 2016.  Which is why they have so many trash candidates like Pence and Christie to dilute the strength of any Conservative standing against him.  If the GOPe wanted anyone else besides Trump, then they would pick one candidate and get behind that candidate.

The GOPe is far more threatened by the Ted Cruz's and Ron Desantis' of the world than they are by Donald Trump.  Just ask Trump-endorsed Ronna McDaniel.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2023, 07:15:29 pm »
The GOPe wants Trump as the nominee just like they did in 2016.  Which is why they have so many trash candidates like Pence and Christie to dilute the strength of any Conservative standing against him.  If the GOPe wanted anyone else besides Trump, then they would pick one candidate and get behind that candidate.

The GOPe is far more threatened by the Ted Cruz's and Ron Desantis' of the world than they are by Donald Trump.  Just ask Trump-endorsed Ronna McDaniel.

:thumbsup:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2023, 07:13:35 pm »
FLASHBACK: In December 2020 at the TPUSA Summit, Mike Pence said he would keep fighting until ‘every illegal vote is thrown out’. That was a lie. (Video)

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1686780757920935936

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2023, 07:18:22 pm »
"Also strange how Smith has built his case around Pence's various recollections of what Trump is supposed to have said about stuff but somehow Smith forgot to mention that Pence himself caused most of the damage by raising false hopes with his pre-J6 speech?" (Video)

https://twitter.com/HansMahncke/status/1686570440418873344

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2023, 08:31:33 pm »
Remember when Trump chose Pence as his running mate solely because he knew without a known quantity of an establishment Republican, he would have lost a huge chunk of the GOP base and lost to Hillary Clinton?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2023, 11:21:56 am »
Remember when Trump chose Pence as his running mate solely because he knew without a known quantity of an establishment

What has your late stage epiphany to do with the topic of this thread @jmyrlefuller

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2023, 11:55:51 am »
Remember when Trump chose Pence as his running mate solely because he knew without a known quantity of an establishment Republican, he would have lost a huge chunk of the GOP base and lost to Hillary Clinton?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

:silly:

Trump picks only the best-est and the bright-est.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2023, 12:05:39 pm »
Pence was right then, and is right now.  Trump's claim that Pence had the unilateral right to send state-certified elector tallies back to the states contradicted the Twelth Amendment to Constitution on January 6, and still contradict it today.

I defy anyone to quote the language in the Twelth Amendment that gave the VP that right.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 12:15:10 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2023, 12:26:43 am »
Mike Pence:
"...Trump as ‘wrong then and wrong now’"

Fishrrman:
Mike Pence -- wrong back then (both times), and wrong and worthless now.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2023, 12:36:16 am »

Amen!! Absolutely!