Author Topic: Biden attacks GOP on economy after US credit downgrade  (Read 351 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden attacks GOP on economy after US credit downgrade
« on: August 06, 2023, 02:21:21 pm »
Biden attacks GOP on economy after US credit downgrade
Christian Datoc
5–7 minutes

President Joe Biden has made attacking what he calls the "ultra-MAGA" economic platform a core pillar of his 2024 reelection pitch, and Fitch Ratings's recent downgrade directly pours gasoline on that fire.

Since entering office, Biden has fashioned his economic policies, recently dubbed "Bidenomics," in contrast with conservative policies he derides as "trickle down." The president claims to be building the economy from the "bottom up and the middle out," and though he says not all Republicans fall into this category, he essentially equates the "ultra-MAGA" wing of the party with anyone opposed to his spending packages.

The Biden administration has been making the case that the economy is slowly improving. Inflation has steadily inched back down toward 2021 levels, unemployment has hovered around 4% for over a year, and the Federal Reserve finally announced in July that it no longer expects a recession in the near future.

Still, Fitch specifically cited partisan "gridlock" and clear separation between Republican and Democrat spending priorities as the reason behind the downgrade, which dropped the United States from a "AAA" to "AA+" rating.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/biden-attacks-gop-fitch-downgrade
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Biden attacks GOP on economy after US credit downgrade
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2023, 02:22:17 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2023, 03:40:04 pm »
Silly me, and here I thought the problem was Biden and the democrats spending like drunken sailors was the problem, who knew it was really some republicans trying to be fiscally responsible **nononono*

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2023, 12:37:18 am »
The utopia promised, is here.  The greatest supporters of it seem to be the greatest bitchers of it?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2023, 04:49:58 am »
Gawd,but  I HATE these headlines!

The ONLY thing that Biden is capable of attacking in ice cream,and he probably screws that up more often than not.

I sure would like to know who the people are that are "pulling his strings in the background",though. Notice I wrote "people",NOT person. I feel sure it is a leftist committee because lefties DO love committees! That way,when they screw something up,and they ALWAYS screw something up BECAUSE they  are lefties,they get to share the blame if on a committee.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!