Author Topic: Ron DeSantis on Nixing Deep State: ‘We Are Going to Start Slitting Throats on Day One’  (Read 1155 times)

Online Lando Lincoln

Seems the dims get away with allegorical mishaps all the time while our side doesn't get a pass.

Got it.....

True enough. We differ from them in other ways too.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Ron DeSantis isn't going to be the Republican nominee in 2024.

Having said that, I believe he's likely to be the nominee in 2028.
If I'm still around by then, I'll vote for him.

In 2028.
But NOT in '24.

Online libertybele

Ron DeSantis isn't going to be the Republican nominee in 2024.

Having said that, I believe he's likely to be the nominee in 2028.
If I'm still around by then, I'll vote for him.

In 2028.
But NOT in '24.

Surely @Fishrrman you must realize by now that Trump sure isn't going to be the nominee; especially with the 'election apparatus' as you call it and all the indictments.

Also, with the time line you created awhile back, what situation do you see the U.S. in, in '28?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

DeSantis will WIN the Presidency in 24 and provide Conservatives with 8 years of Strong Leadership as opposed to 4 more years of empty platitudes, rhetoric and spending.   :beer:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, all I can say is that for centuries, no, millennia, slitting throats, well placed daggers or other pointy objects have been the tools of succession.

From 'Et tu, Brute' to 'will none rid me of this damned priest', to Lady Macbeth's 'spot' this sort of thing is almost a tradition in some quarters.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis