Author Topic: Chicago mayor objects to reporter using the term 'mob' to describe dozens of looters: 'That's not ap  (Read 406 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MEDIA Published August 4, 2023 9:34am EDT
Chicago mayor objects to reporter using the term 'mob' to describe dozens of looters: 'That's not appropriate'
Mayor Brandon Johnson spoke after dozens of arrests from a mass looting event
By Lindsay Kornick | Fox News

Chicago mayor: ‘Mob action’ not an ‘appropriate’ term
During a press conference, Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson warned a local reporter on Wednesday that using the term ‘mob action’ to describe looters was not 'appropriate.'

Left-wing Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson once again blasted efforts to condemn young criminals when he rejected a reporter's use of the word "mob" to describe dozens of looters on Wednesday.

Johnson gave a public press conference following the arrest of 40 people between the ages of 12-20 for reckless conduct misdemeanors in Chicago’s South Loop on Sunday night. It was estimated that approximately 300–400 people gathered and began to take part in "disorderly" behavior and attempted to loot a convenience store.

The Chicago mayor provided updates regarding the situation but took issue after a reporter described the massive group as a "mob."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/chicago-mayor-objects-reporter-using-term-mob-describe-dozens-looters-not-appropriate
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 02:17:52 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Would a "gathering of angels" be better? *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Would a "gathering of angels" be better? *****rollingeyes*****
Perhaps 'a wake of vultures' since once they are done feeding all that's left are the bones of a business?

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

The reporter should have replied:  "If you feel that way, Mayor, then you should write your own story."

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Perhaps 'a wake of vultures' since once they are done feeding all that's left are the bones of a business?

You could easily go with a murder of crows. They are killing businesses.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
In a sane world, this idiotic statement would doom his possible reelection.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Miss Me Yet...???

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Would he prefer "Feral Minorities?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: