Author Topic: Pentagon warns of disruptions as Army, Marines both lack confirmed leaders for first time  (Read 159 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Pentagon warns of disruptions as Army, Marines both lack confirmed leaders for first time
Story by By LOLITA C. BALDOR, Associated Press •

WASHINGTON (AP) — Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin warned that troop readiness and retention is at risk as the Army's chief stepped down Friday, leaving the military's two ground combat forces without Senate-confirmed leaders for the first time in history.

Speaking during a ceremony at Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall, Austin said the Senate's failure to confirm the services' new leaders is disruptive to the force and could impact relationships with allies and partners around the globe.

The confirmation of the next Army chief and Marine commandant are among more than 300 military nominations stalled by Alabama Sen. Tommy Tuberville, a Republican, over the Pentagon's policy to pay for travel when a service member has to go out of state to get an abortion or other reproductive care.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pentagon-warns-of-disruptions-as-army-marines-both-lack-confirmed-leaders-for-first-time/ar-AA1eNRfQ?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=5e606415cd9941b8a9e7504354c9bf96&ei=15
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It's a a woke military for the first time. tri22
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson