Author Topic: 7 endangered spider monkeys found inside migrant's backpack in Texas  (Read 218 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
7 endangered spider monkeys found inside migrant's backpack in Texas

U.S. Border Patrol

Stephen Smith
Updated Fri, August 4, 2023 at 2:33 PM EDT·1 min read

U.S. Border Patrol agents made a surprising discovery last weekend when they arrested a migrant carrying a backpack filled with seven spider monkeys, federal authorities said.

Agents found the monkeys on Sunday when a Mexican juvenile was apprehended in Brownsville, Texas, which is on the U.S.-Mexico border, officials said in a statement. The Border Patrol's Rio Grande Valley Sector posted a video on Facebook showing the monkeys huddled inside a bag that appeared to have holes in it to allow the animals to breathe.

"Extremely proud of our agents for stopping this wildlife smuggling attempt of these critically endangered animals!" the Facebook post reads.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/7-endangered-spider-monkeys-found-155830361.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Re: 7 endangered spider monkeys found inside migrant's backpack in Texas
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2023, 01:45:33 pm »
I hate monkeys.  Nasty, vicious tree rats.  Got bit by one once when I was a kid at the zoo.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus