Author Topic: Global Warming Brings Near Record Cold to the Tropical Pacific  (Read 184 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Global Warming Brings Near Record Cold to the Tropical Pacific
1 hour ago Eric Worrall 

The Queen of Tonga (21° South – tropical South Pacific) distributed blankets to help her people survive a dangerous outbreak of global warming.

Beanies, scarves and puffer jackets come out as near-record chilly weather hits parts of the Pacific

By ABC Pacific’s Nick Sas, Samoa reporter Adel Fruean, Tonga reporter Marian Kupu and Toby Mann

The people of Tonga know how to adapt to the extremes of the natural environment.

Key points:

A weather system pulling cold air from south of Tonga has helped drive temperatures to near-record lows

Members of Tonga’s royal family donated blankets to freezing prisoners and patients in a psychiatric ward

The lowest temperature recorded in Tonga was 8.7C in September 1994

Cyclones, volcanic eruptions and the impacts of climate change are elements they’ve learnt to live with. But the cold weather? That’s a different matter.

“Right now we’re experiencing much colder temperatures than normal,” Rita Prema, a shop owner in the capital Nuku’alofa told the ABC.

“We’ve got customers coming in for coffee mugs, vacuum flasks, teapots and insulated bottles to keep their hot beverages warmer through these colder nights.”

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/08/05/global-warming-brings-near-record-cold-to-the-tropical-pacific/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Global Warming Brings Near Record Cold to the Tropical Pacific
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2023, 08:57:39 pm »
"The lowest temperature recorded in Tonga was 8.7C in September 1994"

That's 47.6 F