Author Topic: Nearly half of Trump supporters still considering voting for different GOP candidate: poll  (Read 352 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 August 2, 2023 2:22pm EDT
Nearly half of Trump supporters still considering voting for different GOP candidate: poll
46% of Trump supporters are considering voting for different candidate
By Cameron Cawthorne | Fox News

While recent polls suggest former President Donald Trump is currently leading the GOP presidential primary race, a large portion of his supporters are still considering other 2024 candidates, according to a new poll.

A New York Times/Siena College poll found that 54% of Republican respondents are supporting Trump in his third presidential bid. However, 46% are still considering voting for a different candidate in 2024.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis was the choice candidate to 17% of GOP voters, receiving the second-most support among the primary contenders. The margins were tighter, however, in a one-on-one matchup between Trump and his Florida rival, 62% to 31% — with Trump still holding a significant lead.

Despite the poll finding that Trump currently holds a major lead in the crowded primary field, DeSantis leads as the alternative candidate to the respondents who said they are not initially supporting either the Florida governor or Trump.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nearly-half-trump-supporters-considering-voting-different-gop-candidate-poll
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I will have to admit I am shocked at this one.  Trump's support is apparently softer than anyone realizes.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline berdie

I can only speak for myself. I will have to do some deep soul searching before voting for him and I know several others that feel the same.

I don't think he is a bad guy, although he makes me insane with his jabber, and he is without a doubt being politically targeted. I just don't think his first term was effective long term. I doubt that a second would be.

Offline libertybele

I will have to admit I am shocked at this one.  Trump's support is apparently softer than anyone realizes.

I don't take polls seriously.  They haven't been correct in several election cycles.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

I can only speak for myself. I will have to do some deep soul searching before voting for him and I know several others that feel the same.

I don't think he is a bad guy, although he makes me insane with his jabber, and he is without a doubt being politically targeted. I just don't think his first term was effective long term. I doubt that a second would be.

I think Trump was a good president, but you are correct; not a whole lot in his first term was very effective for the long term.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Yep. Basically where I am too.

Offline corbe

I'll reserve my opinion till :cheerlead: pops in and explains how important this poll is.   :smokin:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Everyone always views him as polarizing but I've always had mixed feelings about him.

In some ways he's a genius and in other's he's a very frustrating candidate.