Author Topic: PAC Spending Shows How Gavin Newsom Is Positioning Himself for a Presidential Bid  (Read 299 times)

Online corbe

PAC Spending Shows How Gavin Newsom Is Positioning Himself for a Presidential Bid

Susannah Luthi
August 4, 2023

California governor Gavin Newsom in March launched a PAC to take on red-state "authoritarian leaders" and create a constitutional gun control amendment. In fact, Newsom said in the organization's launch video that he was "going to these states" led by these strongmen "and investing in people and organizations where they’re fighting back."

The PAC’s spending suggests the Democrat has different ambitions.

Newsom’s Campaign for Democracy PAC has raised $3.8 million since its launch, according to FEC records, but it’s done little with that money to build up political groups fighting back against politicians like Florida governor Ron DeSantis or push a constitutional amendment for gun control. Instead, Newsom has spent millions on Democratic strategists, nationwide ad buys, and photo-op visits to red states intended to burnish his image and build his political profile.

In short, he's building name recognition, and his spending tells the story of an ambitious Democratic governor ready to jump into the presidential race should President Joe Biden choose not to seek reelection, political observers say. "It's obvious that his 'Campaign for Democracy' is really just a 'Campaign for Gavin Newsom,’" said Michael Ahrens, former communications director for the Republican National Committee. "This is the kind of operation you set up when you want to run for president, and he would absolutely jump in the race if the opportunity presented itself."

<..snip..>

https://freebeacon.com/elections/he-would-absolutely-jump-in-the-race-gavin-newsom-positions-himself-for-presidential-run/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'll go out on a limb and say that greasy gavin will be the DCommunist nominee in 2024.

UNLESS RFKjr catches fire and blocks him...
(a real possibility)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
If Gov Good Hair runs on his past record as SF Mayor and his handling of CA 100 billion dollar budget surplus as Gov....he is a shoe-in!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I'll go out on a limb and say that greasy gavin will be the DCommunist nominee in 2024.

UNLESS RFKjr catches fire and blocks him...
(a real possibility)
He has perfect credentials for a democrat, anti family policies, sky rocketing crime, destruction of a once awesome economy, high taxation driving businesses and high income earners from the state, pro illegal policies, anti fossil fuel policies and insane green agenda, the rapid failing of public schools and the forced queer agenda on children...and so much more.  9999hair out0000

Sadly I believe California for all it natural beauty and resources, is lost. I see no recovering short of every democrat dropping dead en masse.  The big question is, after four years of Biden and the democrats anti American, pro queer, Gaia worshiping destructive policies, will they vote for a greasier younger version of Joe? Unfortunately if Trump is the nominee the answer will be yes and mostly it won't be a vote for the greaser, it'll be a vote against Trump.