Author Topic: RFK, jr. and Trump's Achilles Heel  (Read 502 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
RFK, jr. and Trump's Achilles Heel
« on: August 04, 2023, 02:24:56 pm »
August 4, 2023
RFK, jr. and Trump's Achilles Heel
By Douglas Schwartz

History provides examples of third-party presidential candidates swinging elections. Ross Perot denied George H.W. Bush a second term in 1992, running on the Reform Party ticket and garnering 18.9% of the popular vote.  Bill Clinton won with only 43.0%.  In 1980, Congressman John Anderson ran an incoherent candidacy yet captured 6.6% of votes. Reagan prevailed over Carter 50.7% to 41.0%.  It is unclear if Anderson’s bid was engineered by Reagan’s campaign to split votes from Carter. Teddy Roosevelt's 1912 third-party run split Republican votes, yielding Woodrow Wilson, the first progressive leftist president.

Now comes RFK Jr. with a platform exhibiting substantial overlap with the MAGA agenda. Kennedy's recent interview with James O'Keefe reveals his targeting of MAGA voters, especially younger ones unfamiliar with his family’s dark history.

44:30: I think because of my ability to attract Independents and many, many Republicans that I actually have probably a better chance of winning the election than any other Democratic candidate.

Trump’s Achilles heel was allowing himself to be bamboozled into supporting the COVID narrative of the pharmaceutical-medical-globalist complex. Because of his congenital reluctance to issue a mea culpa and admit that he was conned, Kennedy could potentially appeal to this large segment of the electorate. Perhaps Trump is banking a mea culpa for an October 2024 surprise.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/08/rfk_jr_and_trumps_achilles_heel.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: RFK, jr. and Trump's Achilles Heel
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2023, 02:28:28 pm »
If MAGA are taken in by RFK Jr., then they really are as stupid as some claim they are.

Offline WhatWouldReaganDo

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2023, 06:46:30 pm »
If MAGA are taken in by RFK Jr., then they really are as stupid as some claim they are.
Well, they were taken in by Trump.
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2023, 08:11:42 pm »
  IMHO RFK, Jr is also taking donations away from Trump.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2023, 08:51:02 pm »

They're not monolithic, so I imagine some are, and some aren't.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2023, 09:35:37 pm »
Many people on the right have been taken in by RFK Jr's opposition to mandatory vaccines. They think that makes him an ideological friend.
Perusing his support of a many important issues, they would be wrong to think that.
RFK jr. is one of those people on the left who would love to throw many people on the right either into prison or line them up against the wall.
He is not a friend of the right. I think he's more a nut that a viable political entity.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2023, 09:37:06 pm »
Many people on the right have been taken in by RFK Jr's opposition to mandatory vaccines. They think that makes him an ideological friend.
Perusing his support of a many important issues, they would be wrong to think that.
RFK jr. is one of those people on the left who would love to throw many people on the right either into prison or line them up against the wall.
He is not a friend of the right. I think he's more a nut that a viable political entity.

:thumbsup:

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2023, 09:59:11 pm »
RFK Jr.’s Super-PAC Received Most Of Its Funding From GOP Megadonor

Antonio Pequeño IV
Forbes Staff

Jul 31, 2023,08:13pm EDT

A super-PAC backing Democratic presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. reported Monday a $5 million donation from Trump donor Timothy Mellon—marking another GOP supporter backing a presidential campaign characterized by misinformation and conspiracy theories.

The RFK Jr.-supporting super-PAC American Values 2024 reported it raised $9.8 million through the end of June and received a $5 million donation from Mellon, accounting for more than half of the super-PAC’s fundraising during the first half of the year.

The donation from Mellon was provided in April, not long before Kennedy officially launched his presidential campaign.

Mellon touted RFK Jr. in a statement reported by Politico on Monday in which he lauded Kennedy Jr.’s “bipartisan support” and said the longshot presidential candidate could “root out corruption” and “unite the country.”

<..snip..>

Behind the paywall

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.forbes.com%2Fsites%2Fantoniopequenoiv%2F2023%2F07%2F31%2Frfk-jrs-super-pac-received-most-of-its-funding-from-gop-megadonor%2F%3Fsh%3D60aa09557e54
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2023, 10:53:12 pm »
I seriously doubt that there are many MAGA (Trump) voters who are going to jump to RFKjr.

But how many on the leftist side might make their mark for RFKjr. -- to "bring back Camelot" instead of voting for greasy gavin ...?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2023, 03:22:19 am »
I think the motive is just to sow potential dissent within the Democratic Party.