Author Topic: FBI Ordered to Find Out Which Agency Disobeyed White House in Secret Deal, Finds Out It Was Itself  (Read 302 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
FBI Ordered to Find Out Which Agency Disobeyed White House in Secret Deal, Finds Out It Was Itself

Lucas Ropek
Mon, July 31, 2023 at 10:10 PM EDT·4 min read

Earlier this year, the New York Times reported that an unknown federal agency had breached official White House policy and used secretive methods to conduct a business deal with the NSO Group, a blacklisted spyware vendor known for selling powerful surveillance tools. The agency in question not only brazenly disobeyed the government’s official policy, but had also used a front company to facilitate the deal, suggesting that it knew what was happening was not exactly kosher.

After the Times’ story was published, the FBI was ordered by the Biden administration to investigate. Now, several months later, the bureau’s investigation is complete, and it turns out that the agency that disobeyed the White House and purchased the creepy NSO tool was...the FBI.

Yes, the New York Times now reports that the bureau has admitted that it was the mystery agency at the center of the controversy several months back. However, America’s top law enforcement agency is also trying to explain away its involvement, claiming that it was somehow duped into the deal without any knowledge of what was going on.

https://news.yahoo.com/fbi-ordered-agency-disobeyed-white-021000379.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This sounds like a rogue govt within a govt.

As I have said before, the next Republican President serious about reigning things in needs to form an elite squad to go in and give these types a lead cocktail followed by a dirt nap.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

All the more reason to use less technology in our daily lives.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
We have Biden running things so much better than anything Trump might do or have done.  Some people just can't stand getting their way, eh?

:mauslaff: :laughingdog: :bigsilly: :dumpster: :media: :dumpster: :tongue2: :silly: :rolling: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions