Author Topic: Climate change policies war on America’s living standards  (Read 310 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate change policies war on America’s living standards
« on: August 04, 2023, 11:54:49 am »
Climate change policies war on America’s living standards
By Peter Murphy |July 31st, 2023

President Joe Biden has been talking up the economy lately by extolling “Bidenomics” as a prelude to his re-election messaging. Price inflation has slowed, unemployment remains low, and the massive stock market decline has inched up for the moment. But his administration’s climate polices are forging ahead and threaten to exacerbate his already dubious economic claims.

Policies imposed by the Biden administration to combat “climate change” come down to raising the price of oil, gas and coal to make pseudo-renewal energy more economically competitive. Since day one, the president has canceled pipelines and slow-walked leases on federal lands and off-shore to drill for oil. He also is imposing new regulations to further reduce emission standards on new gasoline vehicles and increase efficiency standards on household appliances, including washing machines and water heaters, and curtailing gas stoves.

Tighter auto emissions will raise the cost to manufacture and sell gasoline vehicles, and thereby force the “transition” to still more expensive electric vehicles. Supposedly more efficient appliances will necessitate more energy use and higher consumer expense.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/07/31/climate-change-policies-war-on-americas-living-standards/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Climate change policies war on America’s living standards
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2023, 09:45:12 pm »
"Climate change policies war on America’s living standards"

Mr. Murphy...

Don't you see?
That's all "part of the plan".
That's what it's been about since the very beginning.

Green is "the new red".

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Climate change policies war on America’s living standards
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2023, 05:55:03 am »
"Climate change policies war on America’s living standards"

Mr. Murphy...

Don't you see?
That's all "part of the plan".
That's what it's been about since the very beginning.

Green is "the new red".
Watermelon economics. Green on the outside, red on the inside, as in Communist Red.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis