Author Topic: Silent majority: GOP scared to ditch Trump for fresh face  (Read 2175 times)

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Silent majority: GOP scared to ditch Trump for fresh face
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2023, 09:32:49 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin
Nor does it prove that he can't,or won't.

I agree 100%.  It's just that someone else upthread said this, implying that big rallies must mean you have majority support:

If the GOP "base" didn't want Mr. Trump, then why are they still filling his rallies?

I was just pointing out that big rallies don't mean you have majority support.  They also (obviously) don't mean that you don't.  Could go either way.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2023, 11:21:59 pm »
Trump's rallies are the exact mob politics the Founders wanted to avoid.  Mobs are great for destruction; not so much for construction.

@DefiantMassRINO

Good to see you come out and confess that you hate patriots and want Party People in power.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2023, 01:33:52 am »
Good to see you come out and confess that you hate patriots and want Party People in power.
Patriots don't line up behind only one acceptable leader. That's a cult.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2023, 01:40:38 am »
Patriots don't line up behind only one acceptable leader. That's a cult.

@jmyrlefuller

What a self-centered dumbass thing to  say!

What if there is ONLY one "acceptable leader"?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2023, 12:05:23 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

What a self-centered dumbass thing to  say!

There are over 300 million people in this country. There is no way one obnoxious, narcissistic multibillionaire is the only person fit to lead this country.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2023, 12:54:27 pm »
There's also the fact people don't want to put up with the bullying and personal attacks if they openly admit they want DeSantis to win the primary.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2023, 01:01:55 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

If you believe that, then you're conceding that the country is completely screwed.   Only one acceptable leader means a complete lack of capable allies and subordinates.  Without those, a Presidency cannot succeed.  It also means that after the one acceptable guy serves his four years, we'd be stuck with an endless series of unacceptable leaders.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2023, 01:10:11 pm »
@DefiantMassRINO

There is a significant segment of Trump's support that want him because he is a political bomb-thrower who will tear down a whole lot of the system.  But destruction of a system is very dangerous if you are not simultaneously capable of constructing that new system.  Because if you aren't, someone else will step into that power vacuum, and what results could be a whole lot worse.

That's actually my core fear with Trump.  I think that if he'd get into office, it would be four years of him acting as a chaos agent.  The Democrats would then be positioned in 2028 for a massive electoral win and gains in Congress, which they'd then use to consolidate permanent control.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2023, 02:09:29 pm »
There are over 300 million people in this country. There is no way one obnoxious, narcissistic multibillionaire is the only person fit to lead this country.

@jmyrlefuller

Name one that is running for President.

BTW,VERY happy to see you coming out of the closet and admitting that Trump being a multi-billionaire  is one of the reasons why you hate him.

Jealousy is NEVER pretty.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2023, 02:12:00 pm »
There's also the fact people don't want to put up with the bullying and personal attacks if they openly admit they want DeSantis to win the primary.

@txradioguy

If you are THAT shallow,you NEED to be bullied and personally  attacked. The man has the character of a street pimp and none of the charm. In FACT,he is closer to  being  a whore for sale. He will say  anything  he needs to  say to get voters,and mean none of it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2023, 02:15:16 pm »
If you believe that, then you're conceding that the country is completely screwed.   Only one acceptable leader means a complete lack of capable allies and subordinates.  Without those, a Presidency cannot succeed.  It also means that after the one acceptable guy serves his four years, we'd be stuck with an endless series of unacceptable leaders.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Oh,horsehillary!

Now you are just making crap  up.

Given your military background,you HAVE to know there can only be ONE leader in ANY organization if there is to be any hope at all of succeeding.

Granted,a job that complex HAS to have an exceptional staff,but they are STAFF,NOT leaders. Any of them may  at one point  in the future BECOME a leader,but NO successful organization has more than  ONE leader.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2023, 02:24:11 pm »
There is a significant segment of Trump's support that want him because he is a political bomb-thrower who will tear down a whole lot of the system.

@Maj. Bill Martin

I freely admit to being one of them. There is a lot of the current political system that NEEDS to be torn down. This is ESPECIALLY true when it comes to the "good old boy system" where they cover each other's backs.

But destruction of a system is very dangerous if you are not simultaneously capable of constructing that new system. 

Even YOU didn't state that many/most/ALl Trump supporters wanted the system to  be completely destroyed,but it damn sure needs some tuning up because the way it is operating now ONLY benefits the people that RUN the system,and the system is SUPPOSED to benefit the CITIZENS,NOT A RULING CLASS.

That's actually my core fear with Trump.  I think that if he'd get into office, it would be four years of him acting as a chaos agent.

My most fervent hope and dream come true! We,the people,NEED a little chaos in DC to disrupt the "You scratch MY back and I'll scratch YOUR back when it benefits YOU!" self-centered  selfish approach to politics these days. These SOB's seem to think they are elected to serve each other,NOT "We,the people".

The Democrats would then be positioned in 2028 for a massive electoral win and gains in Congress, which they'd then use to consolidate permanent control.

And how would that be any different from what we already have?

You don't get change without making a few changes.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2023, 04:26:46 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

Name one that is running for President.

BTW,VERY happy to see you coming out of the closet and admitting that Trump being a multi-billionaire  is one of the reasons why you hate him.

Jealousy is NEVER pretty.
You're just like the women of my generation, equating wealth with virtue. When the opposite is true.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2023, 05:53:47 pm »
You're just like the women of my generation, equating wealth with virtue. When the opposite is true.

@jmyrlefuller

Yeah,I am retired on disability,and a wealthy,wealthy,man.

There just ain't no  fooling you,is there?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2023, 11:11:42 pm »
The country cannot afford another Trump/Biden/Trump term

We know there is no Democrat that will sign on to deficit reduction. So, that leaves every other GOP candidate, sans Trump, to make this an issue
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2023, 07:42:05 pm »
@txradioguy

If you are THAT shallow,you NEED to be bullied and personally  attacked. The man has the character of a street pimp and none of the charm. In FACT,he is closer to  being  a whore for sale. He will say  anything  he needs to  say to get voters,and mean none of it.

Thanks for proving my point Pete...whether you realize it or not.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Kamaji

« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2023, 07:44:16 pm »

:silly:

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2023, 08:20:39 pm »
@txradioguy

If you are THAT shallow, you NEED to be bullied and personally  attacked.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of Trump supporters think the same way.  It's a major reason why I will not vote for the guy again under any circumstances.  A Republic - including ours - cannot survive if that becomes the default rule for political disagreements.

Also one of many reasons I would never vote Democrat, because much of that party, including most of the politicians in Washington, think the exact same way.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2023, 08:22:02 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2023, 08:23:15 pm »

You lost me there.  It's wrong to judge people either way because of their wealth, or lack thereof.

Also, not every woman of your generation thinks that way either.  I know plenty of young married women who married guys that aren't close to being wealthy.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2023, 08:25:07 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online libertybele

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2023, 08:26:09 pm »

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2023, 12:57:18 am »
To be fair, this idea of a "fresh face" would scare anyone.   

« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 12:58:53 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2023, 01:12:18 am »
@Maj. Bill Martin

Oh,horsehillary!

Now you are just making crap  up.

Given your military background,you HAVE to know there can only be ONE leader in ANY organization if there is to be any hope at all of succeeding.

Disagree completely.

A battalion has a battalion commander - leader.  He's got staff including an XO, but I'm not counting them as leaders.  It's got anywhere from 3-5 company commanders - also leaders.  Each company has 3-4 platoons - led by Lieutenants - leaders.  Then you have squad leaders, and fire team leaders below them.

A battalion with one O-5 and 800 snuffies isn't going to be very good.  And an Administration without incredibly capable, high level people to run cabinet- level departments that are far larger and more complicated than an infantry battalion cannot succeed either.

The problem is that most of the capable, experienced people on the GOP side, including almost everyone running against Trump, are labeled as Uniparty, GOPe, tools of the deep state, etc..  Trump is the only one who isn't corrupted.

So how the hell does he staff an administration with top-flight, competent leaders when everyone but him is corrupt?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 02:01:04 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2023, 01:14:53 am »

@txradioguy

You have a point,other than "Rude Orange Man bad!"

Thinking DeSanctimonious  is going to make change is like thinking the hooker you pick up is a virgin.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2023, 03:12:36 am »
Trump's rallies are the exact mob politics the Founders wanted to avoid.  Mobs are great for destruction; not so much for construction.

Indeed.

In fact, I have been leery of these “rallies” from the start, but ESPECIALLY during presidency.  When did a sitting president ever regularly hold pep rallies for himself?  It’s unseemly.

Before Trump, I thought it was bad that President Uhbama went on TV shows regularly.  Not just interviews, but sitting down as part of the talk show.

It’s all unseemly.

And as far as the rallies, how did that work out for Germany?  (Goes with Trump’s Mussolini frown, I guess.)
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2023, 04:23:27 am »
I have been leery of these “rallies” from the start

Kudos to you for mustering the courage to get out of bed in the morning. 

Before Trump, I thought it was bad that President Uhbama went on TV shows regularly.  Not just interviews, but sitting down as part of the talk show.  It’s all unseemly.

It's called the bully pulpit.  Does this too make you "leery"?

And as far as the rallies, how did that work out for Germany? 

What are you insinuating with this question?  @the OlLine Rebel

« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 04:30:08 am by Right_in_Virginia »