Author Topic: Midtown mayhem: New Yorkers help police apprehend driver who mowed down pedestrians near Grand Centr  (Read 211 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Midtown mayhem: New Yorkers help police apprehend driver who mowed down pedestrians near Grand Central Station

By Dean Moses
Posted on August 2, 2023

A chaotic scene unfolded in Midtown on Tuesday evening, after a driver reportedly stole a vehicle before plowing into pedestrians and traffic in Midtown

A chaotic scene unfolded in Midtown on Tuesday evening, after a driver who reportedly stole a vehicle plowed into pedestrians near Grand Central Station, injuring 10. The perpetrator was then apprehended by New Yorkers where the careening vehicle came to a halt, police said.

According to Patrol Borough Manhattan South Deputy Chief James Kehoe, a 20-year-old man stole a Hyundai Tucson over the weekend in the Bronx, and police spotted the vehicle at around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday with out-of-state plates on 45th Street and 2nd Avenue.

https://www.amny.com/news/midtown-mayhem-new-yorkers-help-police-apprehend-driver-who-mowed-down-pedestrians-near-grand-central-station/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson