General Category > Crime And Punishment

Woman, 87, fights off home invader then feeds him ‘peanut butter and crackers’

(1/4) > >>

Kamaji:
Woman, 87, fights off home invader then feeds him ‘peanut butter and crackers’ in kitchen

By Allie Griffin
August 3, 2023

An 87-year-old retired teacher in Maine fought off a home invader — then fed him snacks in her kitchen before calling police last week, according to local reports.

Marjorie Perkins was asleep in bed in her Brunswick home when she was awoken at 2 a.m. to the terrifying sight of a person looming above her.

“I woke up to see a male standing over me by my bed, telling me he was going to cut me,” Perkins told News Center Maine.

The quick-thinking woman, who lives alone, said she quickly got out of bed and put on shoes to be ready to defend herself.

“I thought to myself, ‘If he’s going to cut, I’m going to kick.’ So I jumped into my shoes,” she told the Times Record.

“He said he was awfully hungry and hadn’t had anything to eat for quite a while,” she told the newspaper. “And I said, ‘Well, here’s a box of peanut butter and honey crackers. You can have that whole box.’ I gave him two containers of Ensure and I gave him two tangerines.”

While the intruder snacked in her kitchen, Perskins dialed 911 on her rotary phone “as fast as [she] could,” she said.

The teenager left before cops arrived, but a police dog was able to track him down a few blocks away, where he was staying.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/03/maine-woman-marjorie-perkins-fights-off-home-invader-feeds-him-peanut-butter-and-crackers-in-kitchen/

Wingnut:
Rotary phone?   

Well bless her heart.

Kamaji:

--- Quote from: Wingnut on August 03, 2023, 11:15:25 am ---Rotary phone?   

Well bless her heart.

--- End quote ---

Probably one of the original AT&T phones.

mountaineer:
A rotary phone, peanut butter and crackers - a woman after my own heart. God bless her!

GtHawk:

--- Quote from: Wingnut on August 03, 2023, 11:15:25 am ---Rotary phone?   

Well bless her heart.

--- End quote ---
The teen probably hadn't a clue she was calling the police, having never seen a rotary phone or heard the sound of one being dialed in his life :silly: :silly:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version