Author Topic: Two suspects charged with murder of 19-year-old will be set free after only witness willing to testi  (Read 184 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Two suspects charged with murder of 19-year-old will be set free after only witness willing to testify is also murdered

CARLOS GARCIAAugust 01, 2023

The family of a 19-year-old woman who was caught in the crossfire of a drive-by shooting and murdered in St. Louis is outraged after two suspects arrested for the crime had their charges dropped over the murder of a witness.

Corey Hardy and Jalin Jefferson were teenagers when they were arrested for the Oct. 2021 murder of Isis Aaliyah Mahr. Three other teenagers were shot and injured at the drive-by incident in the Baden neighborhood.

Both Hardy and Jefferson were to be tried as adults for first-degree murder in the trial scheduled to begin this month.

The St. Louis Circuit Attorney’s Office instead confirmed that all charges were dropped against the suspects because the only witness willing to testify was also murdered.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/st-louis-witness-murder-murdered
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 02:08:24 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson