Author Topic: Alarm Goes Out: Trump Could Win  (Read 451 times)

Offline Kamaji

Alarm Goes Out: Trump Could Win
« on: August 02, 2023, 11:31:39 am »
Alarm Goes Out:  Trump Could Win

Byron York
Aug 02, 2023

In the past few days, we've seen a number of political analysts come to a momentous conclusion. Actually, two momentous conclusions. The first is that it is unlikely anyone can catch former President Donald Trump in the race for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination. The second is that it is entirely possible Trump, having won the GOP nomination, could go on to win the general election and become President Trump again.

Yes, the analysts include all the necessary caveats -- it's early, the situation is unprecedented, anything can happen, etc. But still: Sober observers are suggesting it's all over in the GOP primaries and game on in the general election. Their case was strengthened Monday morning with the release of a new New York Times poll showing Trump "leading his nearest challenger, Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida, by a landslide 37 percentage points nationally among the likely Republican primary electorate." Thirty-seven points is big, big, big. Other national polls have shown Trump with similar leads in the Republican race. The most recent surveys included in the RealClearPolitics average of polls have Trump ahead of DeSantis by, going backward in time, 36, 43, 44, 40, 32, 29 and 25 points.

The first analysis comes from Politico with the headline, "A DeSantis come-from-behind win is looking vanishingly unlikely." The report notes that, "Only once has the Republican polling leader in midsummer of the year before the election gone on to lose the party's nomination." That person was Rudy Giuliani, who led the 2008 GOP race all through 2007, with a lead that sometimes stretched to 14 points, only to fall apart when the actual voting began in 2008. At the same time, in 2007, the John McCain campaign imploded, ran out of money and rebooted, with McCain somehow going on to win the nomination.

That's the model, pretty much the only model, for a DeSantis comeback. And remember, Giuliani led the GOP race, according to the RealClearPolitics average of national polls, until January 2008. In today's terms, that would translate into Trump leading the GOP polls for five more months before fading. DeSantis, burdened by sinking polls and campaign difficulties, would then stage a McCain-style surge. It's possible, maybe.

Source:  https://townhall.com/columnists/byronyork/2023/08/02/alarm-goes-out-trump-could-win-n2626489

Offline LMAO

Re: Alarm Goes Out: Trump Could Win
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 11:38:56 am »
The path that Trump might have is a repeat of 2016 were enough democrat voters stayed home to give Trump a squeaker over Hillary through the EC

Or

Taking the George W. Bush 2004 states. Both are possible, but unlikely. He’s won’t take Wisconsin and for sure will not  take Michigan like he did in 2016. Unlikely he’ll win Georgia or the southwest
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 11:40:17 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2023, 12:28:46 pm »
The path that Trump might have is a repeat of 2016 were enough democrat voters stayed home to give Trump a squeaker over Hillary through the EC

Or

Taking the George W. Bush 2004 states. Both are possible, but unlikely. He’s won’t take Wisconsin and for sure will not  take Michigan like he did in 2016. Unlikely he’ll win Georgia or the southwest

I also see Trump losing North Carolina
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2023, 12:59:04 pm »
Nominating Trump is exactly what the dems want.  Damaging information will be released throughout 2024.  He isn't going to win Georgia after his trial there, and he isn't going to win Pennsylvania or Michigan where he destroyed the party.  I am going to be surprised if he turns out enough rural voters to carry North Carolina; the suburban voters cannot stand him.  And so, his electoral college advantage is gone. 

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2023, 03:28:13 pm »
Nominating Trump is exactly what the dems want.  Damaging information will be released throughout 2024.  He isn't going to win Georgia after his trial there, and he isn't going to win Pennsylvania or Michigan where he destroyed the party.  I am going to be surprised if he turns out enough rural voters to carry North Carolina; the suburban voters cannot stand him.  And so, his electoral college advantage is gone.

Here are the states that Turmp is going to lose in 2024:

Pennsylvania
Michigan
Wisconsin
Arizona
Georgia
North Carolina

May lose:

Iowa

Win but close

Florida
Texas

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2023, 03:38:51 pm »

Here are the states that Turmp is going to lose in 2024:

Win but close

Texas

Biden's toxic here.  Won't be close. GOP POTUS candidate will win by 7-12%  OTOH, Ask me again in about 2032 when the demographics adjust and tighten.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2023, 04:34:39 pm »
If the GOP nominee is Trump or DeSantis, Biden wins.

Sadistic psychopaths may have a competitive advantage in the GOP primaries, but they will underperform in the General Election.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2023, 04:35:11 pm »

Sadistic psychopaths may have a competitive advantage in the GOP primaries, but they will underperform in the General Election.

Trump probably; DeSantis no.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2023, 05:16:31 pm »

So @DefiantMassRINO who do you suggest as the GOP candidate to win over Biden???

Are you referring to DeSantis as a psychopath??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2023, 02:34:19 am »
No damned way Trump wins in 2024.  The MAGAs will carry him to the GOP nomination, but he will lose the general election by monumental proportions.  Many dems stayed home in 2016, allowing him to pull off the upset against Hillary, but will turn out in massive numbers and swamp him next time around.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 02:48:30 am by ScottinVA »