Author Topic: Open Borders Creating Bidenvilles of Homelessness. Who Saw That Coming?  (Read 168 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Open Borders Creating Bidenvilles of Homelessness. Who Saw That Coming?
Simon Hankinson / August 01, 2023

Simon Hankinson, a former foreign service officer with the State Department, is a senior research fellow in The Heritage Foundation's Border Security and Immigration Center.

A year ago, I wrote about the obvious connection between illegal immigration and homelessness in U.S. cities.

Since then, encounters with inadmissible aliens at the border have remained at more than 150,000 a month, often over 200,000. Of these, perhaps half are being released into the country, either under the charade of a “removal process” under U.S. immigration law or one of President Joe Biden’s many made-up parole-a-palooza programs.

In July 2022, I predicted that some of the released illegal immigrants would “end up on the streets, compounding already dire problems of homelessness.” Without a federal commitment to enforcing immigration law at the border, I argued, “more Bidenvilles are coming to a city near you.”

So, how are things going a year later?

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/08/01/bidenvilles-where-open-borders-overrun-cities-homeless/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson