Author Topic: Angry NYC Dems stage rally vs. Biden, rip him for being ‘asleep at wheel’ on migrant crisis  (Read 180 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Angry NYC Dems stage rally vs. Biden, rip him for being ‘asleep at wheel’ on migrant crisis
Story by Jack Morphet, Nolan Hicks • Monday

Furious Democratic pols rallied outside City Hall on Monday against President Biden, blasting him for being “asleep at the wheel’’ on a migrant crisis that is now forcing asylum-seekers to sleep on sidewalks.

“In the words of a famous singing duo, Simon and Garfunkel, who grew up in my district, to the tune of Mrs. Robinson — ‘Where have you gone, President Joe Biden? New York City turns its lonely eyes to you,’ ” said City Councilwoman Lynn Shulman (D-Queens). “Please help us Mr President.”

The protest came as local anger mounts over the Democratic White House announcing last week it would provide relief in the form of a single staffer to try to better coordinate the federal response with City Hall.

The paltry offer comes after a year of requests from Mayor Eric Adams and other top officials for billions of dollars in desperately needed aid, as well as a speedier process to get the recent arrivals work permits.

“The president’s asleep at the wheel on this one, folks, and I’m a Democrat,” said city Councilman Robert Holden of Queens.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/angry-nyc-dems-stage-rally-vs-biden-rip-him-for-being-asleep-at-wheel-on-migrant-crisis/ar-AA1eBPaz?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=8615f384a4c64d00ba1d584fc9f7093b&ei=77
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NY Democrats have deluded themselves into thinking the immigration crisis isn't intentional! FOOLS!!!
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson