Author Topic: Salty News From An Old Salt  (Read 169 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Salty News From An Old Salt
« on: August 02, 2023, 10:07:37 am »
Salty News From An Old Salt
16 hours ago 
Guest Post by Willis Eschenbach

(In sailors’ parlance, an “old salt” is some fool like myself who has spent a good chunk of their life at sea …)

It seems that climate alarmists have a new focus—oceanic salinity. From the Florida Times-Union I find:

Researchers, including in Jacksonville, warn of perilous salinity changes in warming oceans

Matt Soergel, Florida Times-Union

Fri, July 28, 2023 at 12:32 PM PDT

Cliff Ross, University of North Florida marine biologist and chairman of the Biology Department, explores the Dry Tortugas west of Key West. He is part of an international team of researchers who just released a paper on changing salinity levels in the ocean as an effect of rapid climate change.

Cliff Ross notes that in stories and studies on human-caused climate change, most of the emphasis is on a rapidly warming world that is expected to only get hotter and hotter.

That’s fair enough, he says — and that’s taken on increased urgency as intense heat waves hammer various parts of the globe this summer, a phenomenon scientists are linking to climate change.

But Ross, a marine biologist who’s head of the Biology Department at the University of North Florida and part of an international research team, wants to bring attention to another effect of a hotter Earth — changing salinity levels in the world’s oceans, which could themselves bring about big changes across the planet.

It’s a complex issue, but those changing salinity levels could have major impacts on the world’s economy, on creatures that live in the ocean and on the residents of coastal areas — Florida certainly included.

So in theory, changing salinity levels “could” bring about big changes, and it “could” have major impacts?

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/08/01/salty-news-from-an-old-salt/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson