Author Topic: Democrats: Hunter Biden Sold Business Partners an ‘Illusion of Access’ to Joe Biden  (Read 429 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats: Hunter Biden Sold Business Partners an ‘Illusion of Access’ to Joe Biden

Wendell Husebø 1 Aug 2023

Democrats claimed Hunter Biden sold his business partners an “illusion of access” to then-Vice President Joe Biden on more than 20 phone calls, citing Monday’s congressional testimony from Devon Archer, Hunter Biden’s best friend in business.

According to Rep. Dan Goldman (D-NY) and a source familiar with the testimony, Joe Biden was not involved in Hunter Biden’s business affairs, even though Hunter Biden put Joe Biden on speakerphone more than 20 times. Thus, Democrats and the establishment media allege Hunter Biden only sold an “illusion of access” to Joe Biden to his foreign business partners.

“If he [Joe Biden] says, ‘Hello’ to someone that he sees his son with, is he supposed to say, ‘Hi, son. No, I’m not gonna say, ‘Hello’ to the other people at the table or the other people on the phone?’” Goldman questioned.

“It’s kind of a preposterous premise to think that a father should not say, ‘Hello’ to people that the son is at dinner with,” he told reporters.

Goldman further explained his perception of Archer’s testimony on CNN:

The brand that he was talking about is Hunter’s own experience as a lobbyist and a lawyer in Washington, D.C., combined with the Biden name, which, of course, is no different than the Trump name or the Clinton name or any other big political family name.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/08/01/democrats-hunter-biden-sold-business-partners-an-illusion-of-access-to-joe-biden/
« Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 08:11:42 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
There is no reason to put Joe on the phone or even mention he was there. Unless it was influence peddling.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 08:18:22 pm by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Kamaji

They're just flat out lying about how "selling access" works.

Online LMAO

There needs to be an investigation into this outside the political realm. There’s no way the DOJ and Merrick Garland will do anything and any investigations conducted by the Republicans would be declared “political witchhunt”

There is no way that Hunter Biden got the jobs that he did, and the money he did just with the “illusion of influence”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline The_Reader_David

As I remarked to the article on NRO reporting the same "defense":  so, according to this account, it was grift, rather than graft.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Kamaji

There needs to be an investigation into this outside the political realm. There’s no way the DOJ and Merrick Garland will do anything and any investigations conducted by the Republicans would be declared “political witchhunt”

There is no way that Hunter Biden got the jobs that he did, and the money he did just with the “illusion of influence”

:thumbsup:

Online DefiantMassRINO

Hunter Biden was selling access and influence based upon his familial relationship to then Vice President, Joe Biden.

Those paying Hunter believed they were purchasing influence and access.

For a crime to be charge as an armed robbery, the victim only has to believe the perpetrator was armed.  Whether there was a gun is irrelevant; the victim only needs to believe there was a weapon.  If influence peddling and illegal lobbying were prosecuted in a similar manner, the victims of Hunter's crimes would only have to believe they were buying influence and access.  If Hunter new what he was selling wasn't real, that also means he was committing fraud - which is also a crime.

Hunter deserves to go to jail for something.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 03:45:46 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

Hunter's in the basement with a silver spoon
The hookers and drugs are gonna be there soon ...

https://twitter.com/freaKlouD9/status/1686737044301606912
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 04:28:54 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

There is no reason to put Joe on the phone or even mention he was there. Unless it was influence peddling.

The message was simple: "The Big Guy is listening." That was reality, not illusion.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Hoodat

Those paying Hunter believed they were purchasing influence and access.

Those continuing to pay after the second or third month were getting that influence and access.  Otherwise, they would have cut their losses and kicked Hunter to the curb.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-