Author Topic: The U.S. Air Force Just Spent $142 Million on These eVTOLs  (Read 354 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The U.S. Air Force Just Spent $142 Million on These eVTOLs
« on: August 01, 2023, 11:56:40 am »

The U.S. Air Force Just Spent $142 Million on These eVTOLs
Story by Michael Verdon • Yesterday 10:00 AM

Will air battles in the not-too-distant future be fought with electric rotorcraft, à la Terminator Salvation? Humankind’s savior, John Connor, piloting small eVTOLs through smoky landscapes with air-cannons blazing?

Probably not. But Archer Aviation’s announcement that it signed a $142 million contract with the U.S. Air Force for a military version of its Midnight eVTOL means electric air taxis could soon play some role in the nation’s air defenses.

“It’s clear that the development and commercialization of eVTOL technology continues to remain a national priority,” said Archer CEO Adam Goldstein in a statement, noting that the six aircraft will be used for logistics and rescue, rather than combat missions. The contract also includes pilot training and maintenance.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-u-s-air-force-just-spent-142-million-on-these-evtols/ar-AA1eB6yb?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=d9b151067ff547f7ab299180f23de396&ei=43
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: The U.S. Air Force Just Spent $142 Million on These eVTOLs
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2023, 06:05:31 pm »
Will their range specs be for a realistic environment, e.g. 120 F dry desert and -40 F or -50 F Alaskan winter?

IMO, this eVTOL thingy is a money pit intended to divert cash from useful weapons. Just like the LCSs have been.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2023, 07:23:47 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2023, 04:18:19 am »
Will their range specs be for a realistic environment, e.g. 120 F dry desert and -40 F or -50 F Alaskan winter?

IMO, this eVTOL thingy is a money pit intended to divert cash from useful weapons. Just like the LCSs have been.
I share your concerns and agree especially with your last point.

Our enemies won't be worried about their carbon footprint while they are blowing things up and setting them on fire.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis