Author Topic: Swiss Army Knife drops the knife.  (Read 468 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Swiss Army Knife drops the knife.
« on: May 07, 2024, 03:17:45 pm »
How Ridiculous? Blade-Less Swiss Army Knife Debuts As Weapon Laws Tighten

Zero Hedge by Tyler Durden 5/6/2024

n a world that is fracturing into a multipolar state, with risks of world war erupting in either Eastern Europe or the Middle East, continued threats of conflict in the Pacific, and the migrant invasion across Western countries, the company behind the iconic half-century-old fold-up tool, the Swiss Army Knife, will soon debut a blade-less version because of regulations.

Victorinox Chief Executive Officer Carl Eisner told Swiss paper Blick on Monday that its Swiss Army Knife will soon be available without a blade due to mounting regulations in European and Asian countries amid a surge in violence.

"We are concerned about the increasing regulation of knives due to the violence in the world," Elsener said, citing new laws in the UK and Asian countries that only permit knife-carrying for work or outdoor activities.

Eisner said, "In some markets, the blade creates an image of a weapon."

Victorinox told Bloomberg, "The increasing regulation of knives in various countries represents a major challenge for the company."

More: https://www.zerohedge.com/political/how-ridiculous-blade-less-swiss-army-knife-debuts-weapon-laws-tighten

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Re: Swiss Army Knife drops the knife.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2024, 03:35:39 pm »
I don’t know if all of their many versions are losing technical “knives”, but this pix is of my constant companion, the tiny knife.  Been cutting my nails with the little scissors for 35 years since one was part of a set with my Swatch Watch, never been without one since.  Always in my purse, and much more true “pocket” version than the namesake original.

If they have to eliminate actual knives from all of them including the original and jumbo size, that’s a travesty.

But also a joke, since each of those tools is an effective blade or stabber.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2024, 05:38:08 pm »
I bought a Gerber multiblade over 20 years ago, to replace a SA knife that had worn out in 5 years.  Much prefer the Gerber.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2024, 05:44:10 pm »
I bought a Gerber multiblade over 20 years ago, to replace a SA knife that had worn out in 5 years.  Much prefer the Gerber.

:yowsa: I have one that is at least thirty years old and still in great shape.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2024, 05:48:22 pm »
So idiotic, it takes an hour of grinding and fine tuning that Philips head screwdriver (in picture) and you have a "blade" if you wanted one. Take any chunk of metal worth it's weight and you can make a knife by grinding it down slowly (to not overheat it). Most every guy on this forum has took an old bastard file and played around w/it, making a knife out of it.

The stupid, it hurts.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 05:50:45 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2024, 05:58:43 pm »
There's a bit of discussion about this item on the Jokes/Humor thread. My comment there was: The TSA morons still will seize the knifeless Swiss Army non-knife. Those tiny little scissors are a weapon, y'know. TSA seized my then-80 y/o mother's nail scissors when we were en route to Mayo Clinic for her cancer checkup.  She seemed dangerous to them.

The scissors on this new Victorinox knifeless thing appear to be longer than what they took away from my mother, so I'd be surprised if TSA lets them remain in a carry on bag.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2024, 06:03:36 pm »
I carried a Case Trapper  for many years, but I changed over to carrying a Benchmade 710 McHenry & Williams around ten years ago.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2024, 06:18:11 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2024, 06:48:46 pm »
The new Gelding model.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2024, 11:41:54 pm »
I carry a multi-tool on me, along with an Uncle Henry Papa Bear For rough work, and a wicked sharp old Western Rancher for a sliver gitter.

But I have a SWAK Vitorinox in my go-bag... And it's a pretty big one.

They didn't drop the knife, by the way... just on that model.

Online unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2024, 04:17:04 am »
TSA seized my then-80 y/o mother's nail scissors when we were en route to Mayo Clinic for her cancer checkup.  She seemed dangerous to them.

The TSA looks for weapons.  In Israel, security people look for terrorists.
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao