Author Topic: F-15EX: The Air Force’s Missile Truck Warplane Has Arrived  (Read 209 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
F-15EX: The Air Force’s Missile Truck Warplane Has Arrived
« on: August 01, 2023, 11:22:46 am »

F-15EX: The Air Force’s Missile Truck Warplane Has Arrived
Story by Maya Carlin • Yesterday 11:22 AM

The U.S. House of Representatives in July voted on the National Defense Authorization Act. As part of the bill, Congress accepted an amendment to add $30.6 million to the funds allocated for the U.S. Air Force to procure the F-15EX. The funding is slated for two Eagle IIs that would be delivered to the 127th Wing based at Selfridge Air National Guard Base in Michigan.

Rep. John James, whose district hosts the base, proposed the amendment. His motivation was the planned retirement, by the end of the 2020s, of the A-10s currently stationed at the base. James said, “I cannot stand idly by while the A-10s at Selfridge are retired without a replacement fighter mission.”

Introducing the F-15EX Eagle II - A Missile Truck Like No Other
The Eagle II is an upgrade of the F-15C Eagle, one of the most successful fighter aircraft ever produced. Combining the best aspects of air superiority with the payload and range of the F-15E Strike Eagle, the EX is poised to take on the role of deep strike interdiction while stealthy F-22s and F-35s carry out air superiority and suppression of enemy air defense missions.

To equip the Eagle II for this mission, designers outfitted the aircraft with the greatest payload of any strike fighter. The F-15EX can carry up to 12 air-to-air missiles or 30,000 pounds of munitions, compared with the mere 6,000 pounds of internal storage on the F-35. Furthermore, the aircraft might be fit to carry 22-foot hypersonic missiles that are still in development. It will be the only tactical fighter able to do so.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/f-15ex-the-air-force-s-missile-truck-warplane-has-arrived/ar-AA1eB497?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=d6a619a7baa84fd19b7fb72869201102&ei=37
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: F-15EX: The Air Force’s Missile Truck Warplane Has Arrived
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2023, 11:24:19 am »
Biden needs to get rid of that bad boy!  It might give the US military an unfair advantage. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2023, 11:35:37 am »
Biden needs to get rid of that bad boy!  It might give the US military an unfair advantage. :whistle:

@rangerrebew

I am worried about "putting too many of your eggs in the same basket".

You just can not build a fighter that does it all,and when you look at the armament load this one will be carrying,it just won't be able to compete with  a dedicated enemy fighter aircraft when it comes to speed,maneuverability,or range,and we ALL know the tendency of the brass to try to make a "One Size Fit's All Super Weapon".

I will feel MUCH happier about this aircraft if I learn  the USAF is also planning to provide dedicated fighter aircraft as support /air cover for this one.

I also admit to generally being one of those people who does NOT think it is possible to create a "One  Size Fits All" weapons system.  Not even one that flies.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2023, 11:55:09 am »

I also admit to generally being one of those people who does NOT think it is possible to create a "One  Size Fits All" weapons system.  Not even one that flies.

The AF is simply following woke dictates.  The personnel philosophy of the military is basically one size fits all (trannies, junkies, gays, women, men - except white patriots) so why not weapons systems?  But I agree with you!
Thomas Jefferson