Author Topic: Dem rep eyes plan to primary Biden in 2024  (Read 313 times)

Online mountaineer

Dem rep eyes plan to primary Biden in 2024
« on: July 29, 2023, 06:54:56 pm »
     Jul 29, 2023
Dem rep eyes plan to primary Biden in 2024
He has been dubbed as a more moderate pick over the president. 
Thomas Stevenson
The Post Millennial
Rep. Dean Phillips (D-MN) said on Friday that he is being encouraged to primary President Joe Biden for the Democratic nomination in the 2024 presidential election. 

Phillips is a three-term Democrat from the state of Minnesota and is eyeing a run for the White House according to a report from the MinnPost. He has been dubbed to be a more moderate pick over the president.  ...

According to Politico, Phillips has been receiving inquiries about how willing he would be to primary Biden, and will be meeting with donors to talk about the race.   ...

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Dem rep eyes plan to primary Biden in 2024
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2023, 06:57:14 pm »
Sacrificial chicken?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2023, 06:57:18 pm »
The last several presidents that faced a serious primary challenge from their own party went on to lose the election

But the GOP is also in a big, fat, wet mess
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2023, 07:16:03 pm »
Democratic Rep. Dean Phillips confirms he's being urged to run for president in 2024
A White House bid from the third-term congressman from Minnesota would be a long shot.
Story by Hunter Woodall, Star Tribune • Yesterday 5:15 PM

U.S. Rep. Dean Phillips confirmed on Friday he is being urged to consider running for president in the 2024 Democratic primary.

Phillips, who represents the suburban Third District and is part of House Democratic leadership, has not endorsed incumbent President Joe Biden's re-election run.

Any effort to defeat Biden in a Democratic primary would be a long-shot effort sure to face major resistance from the many leaders within the party who have already stressed their support for the incumbent president.

A Politico column by Jonathan Martin published Friday morning broke the news, saying that Phillips is set to meet with some Democratic donors in New York City soon about a potential run. Martin also wrote that Phillips "is highly unlikely to mount a primary challenge unless Biden's health worsens or his political standing drops precipitously." ...

There's a lot of "passive voice" reporting in the Politico story. Hard to tell who, exactly, is (supposedly) encouraging Phillips.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2023, 07:38:47 pm »
Never heard of the guy.  Maybe he and RFK Jr., can actually debate. We know Brandon is unable to participate.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2023, 08:24:53 pm »
Joe Biden may soon have another primary challenger: Report
Leon Wolf
July 29, 2023

According to a new report from Politico, Joe Biden may soon face another primary challenger, as Minnesota Rep. Dean Phillips is reportedly being encouraged to enter the race to challenge the incumbent president.

Phillips is described in the report as a "moderate" Democrat, even though he has a 100% rating from NARAL, an "F" rating from the NRA, and a 3% lifetime score from Heritage Action. Although it is unclear what might possibly make Phillips a moderate, it is clear that some are hoping he will provide a challenge to Biden, who is widely seen as vulnerable in the general election, in the upcoming primary. According to the Politico report, Phillips is headed to New York City next week to meet with donors about the possibility of funding a primary challenge.  ...
The Blaze

So that's what passes for "moderate."  :thud:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2023, 08:29:24 pm »
The Blaze

So that's what passes for "moderate."  :thud:

Well, he does have a 3% rating from Heritage Action ***suicide***
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy