Author Topic: CHMIELENSKI: Unmasking Alejandro Mayorkas’ Tricks Used To Hide True Illegal Immigration Numbers  (Read 161 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CHMIELENSKI: Unmasking Alejandro Mayorkas’ Tricks Used To Hide True Illegal Immigration Numbers

CHRIS CHMIELENSKI
CONTRIBUTOR
July 27, 2023
7:03 PM ET

The southern border is in crisis and the Biden administration is resorting to trickery to hide the scale of the disaster.

Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas devised a shell game after the administration ended Title 42, the COVID-era public health restrictions that allowed the Border Patrol to quickly expel illegal migrants. Experts had universally anticipated a surge of new crossings when the program expired on May 11.

But instead of a surge, apprehensions of illegal border crossers dropped in both May and June. In fact, border patrol apprehensions were down close to 50% in June compared to the same month last year. A recent DHS press release cheered that “unlawful entries between ports of entry along the Southwest Border have decreased by more than 70 percent since May 11.”

https://dailycaller.com/2023/07/27/chmielenski-alejandro-mayorkas-illegal-immigration-us-mexico-border/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson