Author Topic: Cook County woman charged with bringing loaded gun into courthouse  (Read 191 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Cook County woman charged with bringing loaded gun into courthouse
By FOX 32 Digital StaffPublished July 28, 2023 4:07PM

WHEATON, Ill. - Bond has been set at $100,000 for a Cook County woman charged with bringing a loaded handgun into the DuPage County Courthouse on Thursday.

Suheir Barham, 47, of Oak Lawn, has been charged with felony counts of unlawful use of a weapon in a courthouse and aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, according to the DuPage County state's attorney's office.

She was released from custody Friday morning after posting the necessary 10% of her bail, prosecutors said.

Suheir Barham
About 9:01 a.m. Thursday, Barham entered the DuPage County Courthouse in Wheaton and placed her backpack on the conveyor belt metal detector before proceeding to walk through the security checkpoint, prosecutors said.

A sheriff's deputy discovered a Sig Sauer 9mm handgun with a bullet in the chamber as Barham's backpack went through the metal detector. Barham was then taken into custody.

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/cook-county-woman-charged-loaded-gun-courthouse
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson