Author Topic: NBC’s Todd: When GOP Base Realizes Trump Is Unelectable, ‘It May Be Too Late’  (Read 1319 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NBC’s Todd: When GOP Base Realizes Trump Is Unelectable, ‘It May Be Too Late’

Pam Key 30 Jul 2023

NBC host Chuck Todd said Sunday on “Today” that when the Republican base realized former President Donald Trump’s legal cases make him unelectable “it may be too late” because he might “already have the nomination.”

Todd said, “You know, one of the things we’re trying to focus people’s attention to is what this calendar is starting to look like in the first six months of 2024. We are literally going to be going back and forth. In fact, the day of the Iowa caucuses, a civil trial involving Donald Trump begins.”

He continued, “That’s what we know for now, and this is before any new indictments that could come from Jack Smith or from what’s going on in Atlanta. That’s the moment, I think, that all of a sudden Republicans are going to ask themselves ‘What are we doing?’ But I don’t think it’s going to happen before it starts to play itself out.”

Todd added, “It is astonishing to me how many people I run into who haven’t fully comprehended the fact that we’re about to do this. I think that when it becomes clear that that the public’s uncomfortable with this, it may be too late, and he may already have the nomination.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/07/30/nbcs-todd-when-gop-base-realizes-trump-is-unelectable-it-may-be-too-late/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
That may be the first time Chuck Todd is right about anything.

Or at least half-right.  The full recognition - by all but the most fervent die-hards - that Trump is unelectable will come when Biden is no longer at the top of the ticket.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
That may be the first time Chuck Todd is right about anything.

Or at least half-right.  The full recognition - by all but the most fervent die-hards - that Trump is unelectable will come when Biden is no longer at the top of the ticket.

I don't think Trump is unelectable, actually. If he's elected then convicted, what happens? I foresee a very chaotic term myself. And he'll be a lame duck.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

So few around here never question why "conservatives" and their GOP are dovetailing opinions with the Democrats, legacy media and Totalitarians.   ****sheep****

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
So few around here never question why "conservatives" and their GOP are dovetailing opinions with the Democrats, legacy media and Totalitarians.   ****sheep****

Broken clock and all that.

Offline LMAO

Broken clock and all that.

And blind squirrel

I doubt Chuck Todd is distressed by this prospect, though
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I said it in 2016 (before the election).
I'll say it again.

Mr. Trump is THE ONLY Republican candidate with any chance of winning in 2024.
Even so, his chances are no more than 50-50 at best.

The Party's underground (and above-ground) election apparatus will see to that.

It will be an uphill climb, with the outcome uncertain.
But no other candidate could do as well (and that's even if Mr. Trump loses).

I would rather this not be true.
But as I predicted in this post (Oct. 17, 2020):
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,417203.msg2305819.html#msg2305819
... Mr. Trump may go down in history as being the last Republican (at least from "the old party") to be elected president.

Offline DB

And blind squirrel

I doubt Chuck Todd is distressed by this prospect, though

I don't know, the MSM made a fortune off of Trump. Years of Russia, Russia, Russia...

Offline ScottinVA

They don’t care if Trump is unelectable.  The Trump base is quite happy to go down to yet another defeat at his side.  Their devotion to him is total.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
They don’t care if Trump is unelectable.  The Trump base is quite happy to go down to yet another defeat at his side.  Their devotion to him is total.

@ScottinVA

You're just mad  because  JEB isn't running. Like so many here,you need a "comfort candidate".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline ScottinVA

LMAO!! Jebby? 

C’mon Pete… you can do better than that.  Actually, what we’d like is a candidate without a criminal record who can win.

Please clap.

Offline libertybele

@ScottinVA

You're just mad  because  JEB isn't running. Like so many here,you need a "comfort candidate".

Actually @sneakeypete the GOP needs a conservative candidate that can win the general election and Trump isn't that candidate.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Actually @sneakeypete the GOP needs a conservative candidate that can win the general election and Trump isn't that candidate.

@libertybele

And DeSanctimonious   is?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
BTW,who here thinks Chuck Todd should be advising us on who to support?

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

At this point in time, I believe DeSantis is, yes.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

@libertybele

Maybe not. It's possible that DeSantis couldn't win the general election because a lot of Trump voters won't vote for anybody but Trump, and it's possible that Trump can't win the general election because independents won't vote for Trump.

So we may well be screwed either way.

Offline Hoodat

So few around here never question why "conservatives" and their GOP are dovetailing opinions with the Democrats, legacy media and Totalitarians.

What does this even mean?  Can you repeat that, but this time coherently?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
What does this even mean?  Can you repeat that, but this time coherently?
I could be wrong, but I think it translates to, those who do not genuflect the almighty orange one are no different than democrats and mainstream democrat media. Well I won't genuflect to anyone, don't idolize any politician(orange or otherwise) and have contempt for democrats and the media. There are politicians I respect like Ronaldus Maximus and a few others, but idolize and give unquestioning loyalty....nah that's democrat territory.

Offline Kamaji

Of course; it'll provide fodder for another round of dark conspiracy theories.

Offline kevindavis007

Of course; it'll provide fodder for another round of dark conspiracy theories.

Espcially for his followers on what is left of Talk Radio.  They need him for the fodder.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Good to see all you goobers following Chuck Todd,an unbiased political commentator if there has ever been one,right?

Offline LMAO

Good to see all you goobers following Chuck Todd,an unbiased political commentator if there has ever been one,right?

Nobody here ever made the claim or believes he’s an unbiased political commentator.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 07:48:54 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Just because he's a leftist doesn't mean he's wrong on this.  I'm quite sure he doesn't expect Republicans to take his advice anyway.

Offline NavyCanDo

True except they will never admit Trump lost again. Even if there is no indication of large scale voter fraud. It will be stop the steel 2.0..   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
True except they will never admit Trump lost again. Even if there is no indication of large scale voter fraud. It will be stop the steel 2.0..   

@NavyCanDo

Just out of curiousity, were you serious when you wrote the highlighted part?