Author Topic: Air Force maverick who warned of war with China sticks to his guns  (Read 190 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Air Force maverick who warned of war with China sticks to his guns
Gen. Michael A. Minihan, lauded by hawks in Congress, has disturbed some in the Pentagon with his fiery prognostications of a looming conflict

By Dan Lamothe
July 29, 2023 at 6:00 a.m. EDT

SCOTT AIR FORCE BASE, Ill. — He’s been called a “big teddy bear,” a gruff “football coach” and a “cowboy” who needs to be put out to pasture. But one thing Gen. Michael A. Minihan is not: shy.

Here, where the suburbs of St. Louis meet the cornfields of southern Illinois, resides the four-star commander who, in uncommonly confrontational language for such a senior military officer, has ordered the 110,000 troops under his command to prepare for war.

With China.

Two years from now, maybe.

“I hope I am wrong,” he informed them in a January memo that went viral after one of its recipients leaked the document online. “My gut tells me we will fight in 2025.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/07/29/michael-minihan-china-war/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=wp_homepage
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Air Force maverick who warned of war with China sticks to his guns
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2023, 05:07:50 pm »
China had better watch out!  They've never faced an enemy so steeped in Critical Race Theory AND proper pronoun usage. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Air Force maverick who warned of war with China sticks to his guns
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2023, 07:11:30 pm »
Is there a MOS for hurling epithets?

If a Republican is elected POTUS in '24, that will be the 'go signal' because that will be the low point for our readiness with 12 of the last 16 years under democrats.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis