Author Topic: New York’s ISO Issues an Electric Power Warning  (Read 176 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New York’s ISO Issues an Electric Power Warning
« on: July 30, 2023, 10:05:58 am »
New York’s ISO Issues an Electric Power Warning

Heartland Author
July 24, 2023

electric power
By Francis Menton
Here in New York, we proceed giddily along shutting down our functioning and reliable mostly-fossil-fuel based electricity-generating system, in anticipation of an imminent future of clean and free “renewables.” After all, our Climate Act (officially, the “Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act of 2019”) has decreed that we must do so. A Climate Action Council — created by the statute and packed with politically-appointed climate activists with next-to-no expertise in how the energy system works — cooks up “Scoping Plans” that direct the little people to go out and create an entirely new energy system on a politically-determined timetable.

And almost nobody so much as raises any questions as to whether this can possibly work. Among the tiny handful of doubters we have myself, but more importantly a much more indefatigable guy named Roger Caiazza. Caiazza has a website called Pragmatic Environmentalist of New York. Recently he has been on fire over there, cranking out one post after another about the absurdities being put forth and imposed on our state by the climate cultists: a post on July 9 about New York’s “cap and invest” strategy (a scheme to charge utilities — and thus ratepayers — for use of natural gas, as a way to raise money to further subsidize wind and solar projects); a post on July 7 about the suddenly-soaring costs of building our first off-shore wind projects; a post on July 5 summarizing a recent speech by a guy named Richard Ellenbogen listing obstacles to New York’s climate ambitions that the bureaucratic geniuses can’t seem to grasp; a post on July 2 describing some lessons New York should be learning from the experience of the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative of the Northeastern states; a post on July 1 about the experience of Washington State, where a “cap and invest” strategy similar to what New York is about to try has quickly led to highest-in-the-nation gasoline prices; and more.

https://heartlanddailynews.com/2023/07/new-yorks-iso-issues-an-electric-power-warning/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson