Author Topic: 3 PIECES OF SPECIAL OPERATIONS GEAR THAT GIVE TROOPS ‘SUPER POWERS’  (Read 195 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
3 PIECES OF SPECIAL OPERATIONS GEAR THAT GIVE TROOPS ‘SUPER POWERS’
Alex Hollings | July 13, 2023

It’s no secret that America’s special operations units are at the forefront of military technology and training, but you still might be surprised at just how “super” some special operations gear can make our elite warfighters.

Over the past two decades of near-continuous combat operations in theaters all around the world, the U.S. Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) has been tasked with more varied and complex missions than ever. In order to keep up with their high operational tempo while maintaining their safety and mission success rates, Uncle Sam has leaned on the private sector to develop new warfighting technologies that can give American troops the advantage in any environment. As a result of this focus, the special operations gear stored in SOCOM’s armories makes for warfighters that are about as close to superheroes as reality will permit.

Climbing walls like Spider-Man
Navy SEALs and Marine Raiders are often tasked with boarding and taking control of vessels out at sea, but many commercial and cargo ships are significantly taller than the rigid inflatable rafts special operators often use to close with enemy vessels. That’s where the REBS Magnetic Climbing System comes in.

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/3-pieces-of-special-operations-gear-that-give-soldiers-super-powers/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson