Author Topic: US Air Force tests jamming pod on MQ-9 drone  (Read 175 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Air Force tests jamming pod on MQ-9 drone
« on: July 29, 2023, 01:11:54 pm »
US Air Force tests jamming pod on MQ-9 drone

By
Colton Jones
Jul 23, 2023
Modified date: 4 days ago

General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI) has announced that the U.S. Air Force demonstrated its MQ-9 drone integrated with the Angry Kitten jamming pod at a test this spring.

As noted by the company, the U.S. Air Force flew a remotely piloted aircraft equipped with an Angry Kitten ALQ-167 Electronic Warfare Countermeasure Pod for the first time on April 27, 2023.

The Angry Kitten EW Pod is supplied to the U.S. Air Force by the Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) and has flown on other Department of Defense systems, including F-16s. GA-ASI integrated the EW pod in less than nine months at no cost to the U.S. Air Force by using a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement.

https://defence-blog.com/us-air-force-tests-jamming-pod-on-mq-9-drone/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US Air Force tests jamming pod on MQ-9 drone
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2023, 01:13:58 pm »
Someone should tell AOC this "jamming" pod doesn't make music. :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson