Author Topic: CBP stops cache of guns headed to Mexico  (Read 197 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CBP stops cache of guns headed to Mexico
« on: July 29, 2023, 11:00:09 am »

CBP stops cache of guns headed to Mexico
A sign warns travelers about Mexican gun laws they approach the Mexican border on January 24, 2019.

Oklahoma resident allegedly hid ammo, assault rifle, shotguns and pistols in box trailer headed to Guanajuato, court records show

by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: Jul 28, 2023 / 01:12 PM CDT

Updated: Jul 28, 2023 / 01:39 PM CDT

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – A resident of Oklahoma is facing federal criminal charges after he allegedly attempted to smuggle more than a dozen guns and rifles to Mexico.

A special U.S. Customs and Border Protection anti-smuggling and terrorism team arrested Misael Muniz during a surprise inspection of vehicles headed to Mexico last Sunday at the Eagle Pass international bridge.

Court records show Muniz and an unspecified number of passengers were inside a black GMC Yukon pulling a box trailer, attempting to depart the United States around 12:10 a.m. on July 23. CBP officers searched the box trailer and allegedly found 14 firearms and 26 bullet magazines hidden within false compartments in a toolbox and the base of an air compressor.

The firearms included an AR-15 assault rifle, four shotguns, and nine high-caliber handguns.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/cbp-stops-cache-of-guns-headed-to-mexico/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: CBP stops cache of guns headed to Mexico
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2023, 11:01:59 am »
I see guns are illegal in Mejico.  I don't believe anyone has told the cartels, though.  Someone needs to inform them so they can march right down to the police and turn their weapons in. :silly:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson