Author Topic: BREAKING: Feds bringing fight against fentanyl to El Paso  (Read 171 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
BREAKING: Feds bringing fight against fentanyl to El Paso
« on: July 29, 2023, 10:56:17 am »
BREAKING: Feds bringing fight against fentanyl to El Paso
Facility at El Paso Intelligence Center will track seizures to individual cartels, be on the lookout for new, deadly synthetic drugs

by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: Jul 28, 2023 / 05:31 PM CDT

Updated: Jul 28, 2023 / 05:31 PM CDT

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – The federal government is bringing to El Paso the fight against Mexican drug cartels mass-producing fentanyl and smuggling it into the United States.

A new joint lab led by the Drug Enforcement Administration is set up at the El Paso Intelligence Center in Fort Bliss. Its purpose is to track drugs seized all along the U.S.-Mexico border to individual cartels, and to be on the lookout for novel illicit and potentially deadly synthetic drugs, DEA Administrator Anne Milgram said this week.

“We asked the Federal Drug Administration and Customs and Border Protection and the Border Patrol to join us. It is a fentanyl profiling lab to test fentanyl quickly as it gets seized at the border so we can determine who is responsible for making that fentanyl, what it is made up of so we can have an early warning system for future drugs,” Milgram told members of a House Judiciary Subcommittee on Thursday.

The El Paso Intelligence Center, or EPIC, is a DEA-led multi-agency intelligence clearinghouse involving more than 20 federal agencies that support law enforcement all over the country with threat analysis, particularly at the Southern border.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/breaking-feds-bringing-fight-against-fentanyl-to-el-paso/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson