Author Topic: Trump vows to run for president from prison if convicted and sentenced on criminal charges  (Read 2005 times)

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
On the very same day he talks of bringing the Republican Party back together, he says this?

Trump, and a lot of his supporters, figure that other Republicans will have no choice but to back him in the general election.

That's kind of an odd assumption given that a lot of Trump supporters won't support anyone but him in the general election, or at the least have certain other Republican candidates that they won't support in the general election even if they win the Republican nomination.

So clearly, their assumption that every Republican will rally around whomever wins the nomination is not correct.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 03:26:08 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline NavyCanDo

Latest indictment accusing Trump of purposely dumping evidence and the evidence seems strong.   Essentially the exact same thing Hillary was accused of. The difference being the DOJ refused to charge Hillary.
Trump's comments about running for President from jail just could be a possibili
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online corbe

What are the odds that if a Trumper had an extra ballot mailed to their residence, say addressed to someone that lived there before, that said Trumper would fill it out and submit it?     :whistle:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Latest indictment accusing Trump of purposely dumping evidence and the evidence seems strong.   Essentially the exact same thing Hillary was accused of. The difference being the DOJ refused to charge Hillary.
Trump's comments about running for President from jail just could be a possibili

If it is true that he instructed underlings to move documents containing classified information to evade a court ordered search that his own attorneys were supposed to be conducting, then he's in a lot of trouble.  There's just no defense for that.

It also would explain why he's had a hard time retaining attorneys since then.  That particular situation is a nightmare for lawyers because it puts them at ethical risk due to their own client's deliberate conduct.

It's also quite likely that at least some of the attorneys involved in the search are potential witnesses against Trump, and that would be a reason if some of them stopped representing him.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 03:45:41 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I don't care if Mr. Trump "runs the campaign from prison"... or not.
I don't care if Mr. Trump even campaigns... or not.

I'll be voting for him anyway.

And if by chance he gets re-elected (which as of yet remains a difficult prospect because of The Party's underground and above-ground "election apparatus" in those states that will make the difference), he can take the oath of office in the cell, then immediately pardon himself, walk out of the place and grab a cab to the White House.  8-)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

And if by chance he gets re-elected (which as of yet remains a difficult prospect because of The Party's underground and above-ground "election apparatus" in those states that will make the difference), he can take the oath of office in the cell, then immediately pardon himself, walk out of the place and grab a cab to the White House.  8-)

@Fishrrman

Yup!

Same here.

I have NO idea what motivates people to keep voting for the usual suspects,and then still claim to be hoping for change.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump, and a lot of his supporters, figure that other Republicans will have no choice but to back him in the general election.

You're overthinking this.  Trump supporters simply want him back at the helm..  Watch this short video to the end.  It's from this evening ----

https://twitter.com/MAGAIncWarRoom/status/1685411809749086209

@Fishrrman

Yup!

Same here.

I have NO idea what motivates people to keep voting for the usual suspects,and then still claim to be hoping for change.

:thumbsup:   @sneakypete

Count me in.   :laugh:

Online libertybele

According to the Constitution the president “shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of impeachment.”

However, you are delusional @Fishrrman Trump isn't going to win the general; as you have mentioned many times the underground "election apparatus" will be in full swing...you know it and so do many others.

I would also worry about his safety while behind bars....the left knows no bounds, has no shame and will stop at nothing to ensure that he is never seated again. 

I find it interesting that people continue to waste their time and money thinking that Trump still has a chance.  IMHO the next president has already been decided and sure as heck isn't Trump.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline cato potatoe

Like Hillary, Donald shows little interest in following the law, which is why he should be prosecuted where sufficient evidence is found.  When Chris Christie inherited a huge deficit in New Jersey, Trump advised him to go bankrupt.  Chris told him it wasn't legal, but Donald responded with "do it anyway, because it would just be tied up in the courts for years and years."  Yep, just steal it from the bondholders and declare victory.

Offline Hoodat

The difference is that Hillary was dumping evidence while Trump was not.  Hillary destroyed evidence that incriminated her.  Trump hid documents from prosecutors that he considered to be his own personal property.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline ScottinVA

Trump, and a lot of his supporters, figure that other Republicans will have no choice but to back him in the general election….So clearly, their assumption that every Republican will rally around whomever wins the nomination is not correct.

Exactly.  Everyone but the MAGA crowd got that point back in 2020.  Many erstwhile GOP voters that year steered clear of him.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

@Fishrrman

Yup!

Same here.

You have this completely backwards.You're the one advocating doing the exact same thing but expecting a different result.

Literally none of the other GOP candidates for the nomination have been President before. Some of them haven't even run before. We don't know exactly what any of them would do as President because all of them would be new to the job, so all of them would be a change.

The only GOP candidate for President who has been President before is Trump himself, so he's the only one who wouldn't be a change.  And yet, when others have pointed out all the mistakes he made in terms of hiring and managing subordinates, Covid, etc., you claim that a second Trump term would be a change from the first Trump term because "I think he's learned his lesson about who to trust and would be better the second time around.".

You're the one voting for a "usual suspect" but expecting change.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 02:11:29 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

You have this completely backwards.You're the one advocating doing the exact same thing but expecting a different result.

The only GOP candidate for President who has been President before is Trump himself, so he's the only one who wouldn't be a change. 

This  pointing-up. is quintessential political ignorance.  My advice:  ignore it.

You know nothing.

Offline LMAO

You know nothing.

So are your last two posts another example of you filling a void and providing balance? wink777
« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 04:01:48 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
If you are going to quote a post please include the member's name...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

If you are going to quote a post please include the member's name...

@mystery-ak Does that mean a "ping" or something else?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@mystery-ak Does that mean a "ping" or something else?

No, it's not a ping..I just think it's common courtesy to include the name you are quoting...it's just easier than scrolling up the thread to see who said it..also some here on TBR post this way as an excuse that they weren't attacking, insulting etc other members...

this is a ping

@DB
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

No, it's not a ping..I just think it's common courtesy to include the name you are quoting...it's just easier than scrolling up the thread to see who said it..also some here on TBR post this way as an excuse that they weren't attacking, insulting etc other members...

this is a ping

@DB

Thank you. Just wanted to make sure because I rarely ping someone that I quote (and I don't expect others to ping me when quoting me) and don't want to be a problem. I usually ping someone when I'm trying to bring something else to their attention.

Offline LMAO

Thank you. Just wanted to make sure because I rarely ping someone that I quote (and I don't expect others to ping me when quoting me) and don't want to be a problem. I usually ping someone when I'm trying to bring something else to their attention.

I do the same

If there’s something pressing that I think someone should see, and I don’t think that individual will come back, I’ll ping
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

That's proper... The quote acts as a ping anyhow. I have never understood the demand to ping folks when you're quoting them anyway.  :shrug:

I try to comply if requested, but I am forgetful and often miss on the special circumstance per person. And it don't matter, other than their huff. They got pinged by the quote anyway.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
mystery wrote:
"I just think it's common courtesy to include the name you are quoting"

I have never - not once, not ever - checked a "ping list". Not in 10 years of posting.
Don't even know where it is.
Don't know how to do it.
Not interested in learning, either.

I say what I'm going to say, and that's it.
If the moderators don't like it, they can remove it.

Just sayin' ...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Literally none of the other GOP candidates for the nomination have been President before. Some of them haven't even run before. We don't know exactly what any of them would do as President because all of them would be new to the job, so all of them would be a change.

The only GOP candidate for President who has been President before is Trump himself, so he's the only one who wouldn't be a change.  And yet, when others have pointed out all the mistakes he made in terms of hiring and managing subordinates, Covid, etc., you claim that a second Trump term would be a change from the first Trump term because "I think he's learned his lesson about who to trust and would be better the second time around.".

@Maj. Bill Martin

Nice spin attempt.

So,in YOUR mind,Trump is like the Clintons,Obomber,and the Bush Crime Family?

IF that is true,why aren't the DNC and the RNC embracing him with  open  arms,and why did BOTH of them try to attack him and throw barriers in his path  every day he was in office?

BTW,Trump has held ONE public office for a period of 4 years in his entire life. Yet in YOUR biased mind,that makes him a career politician?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!