Author Topic: Study Shows Gun Laws Don’t Matter, Race Does  (Read 378 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Study Shows Gun Laws Don’t Matter, Race Does
« on: July 28, 2023, 08:28:43 pm »
Study Shows Gun Laws Don’t Matter, Race Does
Gun control and blaming racism are no substitute for personal responsibility.
July 28, 2023 by Daniel Greenfield 23 Comments

Newsletter

[Editor’s note: Make sure to read Daniel Greenfield’s masterpiece contributions in Jamie Glazov’s new book: Barack Obama’s True Legacy: How He Transformed America.]

33 people were shot over the weekend in Chicago. Urban gangland violence like that is what real “mass shootings” look like and finally a Journal of the American Medical Association paper addressed the problem by shifting the blame to something it calls “structural racism”.

The JAMA paper, which was quickly picked up by CNN as “Structural Racism may Contribute to Mass Shootings” and by Bloomberg as “Mass Shootings Disproportionately Victimize Black Americans”, acknowledged what conservatives have been saying about gun violence.

“There was no discernible association noted in this study between gun laws and MSEs [mass shootings] with other studies showing similar findings,” it noted.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/study-shows-gun-laws-dont-matter-race-does/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: Study Shows Gun Laws Don’t Matter, Race Does
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2023, 09:24:04 pm »
The issue wasn’t gun laws, it was race. “The study found that in areas with higher black populations, mass shootings are likelier to occur compared to communities with higher white populations,” CNN reported. “The findings disrupt the nation’s image of mass shootings, which has been shaped by tragedies like the Las Vegas festival shooting and Sandy Hook in which most of the victims were not black,” Bloomberg added.

Faced with an immovable statistical object and the unstoppable force of equity, the JAMA paper blames the whole thing on structural racism. The study correlates urban areas and neighborhoods with high concentrations of single-parent households” to mass shootings. It then demonstrates that “structural racism” must be at fault because of “the percentage of the population that is black.” Black people in the study are interchangeable with racism.

Such is the state of woke medical science which tries to fix racism with more racism. The study never comes up with any plausible explanation of how structural racism causes people to shoot each other. At one point it claims that “racial residential segregation practices are predictive of various types of shootings” in a country where segregation had been abolished since 1964.

Methinks it has more to do with culture than with skin-color, or ethnicity, per se.  Black Americans' culture is now extremely toxic, thanks to decades of liberalism.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 09:24:56 pm by Kamaji »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2023, 09:33:34 pm »

Methinks it has more to do with culture than with skin-color, or ethnicity, per se.  Black Americans' culture is now extremely toxic, thanks to decades of liberalism.

It is culture. 100% culture. What would happen to these homicide stats if Black people decided to give up the ghetto mindset?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2023, 09:34:16 pm »

I will adjust that a wee bit.. The promoted black culture is toxic.

That's like painting all rednecks with trailer trash culture. It's ours. We have to own it. But it ain't the right thing to measure by.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2023, 09:37:16 pm »
I will adjust that a wee bit.. The promoted black culture is toxic.

That's like painting all rednecks with trailer trash culture. It's ours. We have to own it. But it ain't the right thing to measure by.

That's true enough; stating it as I initially did is, in essence, racist to the extent that it is making culture some sort of inherent attribute of skin color/ethnicity, and that is not my intent.

It is not about inherent behaviour, it is about learned conduct, and in particular about the learned conduct of a certain subset of Americans, who have been trapped in that toxic subculture to satisfy the political cravings of liberals/leftists.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2023, 09:45:14 pm »
That's true enough; stating it as I initially did is, in essence, racist to the extent that it is making culture some sort of inherent attribute of skin color/ethnicity, and that is not my intent.

It is not about inherent behaviour, it is about learned conduct, and in particular about the learned conduct of a certain subset of Americans, who have been trapped in that toxic subculture to satisfy the political cravings of liberals/leftists.

No fault no foul. Just... clarity.  :beer:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2023, 10:04:59 pm »
Kamaji wrote:
"Methinks it has more to do with culture than with skin-color, or ethnicity, per se.  Black Americans' culture is now extremely toxic, thanks to decades of liberalism."

And LMAO replied:
"It is culture. 100% culture."

I just jotted this down earlier today:
===========================
Fishrrman's cultural dictum:

Andrew Breitbart:
"Politics is downstream from culture."

Fishrrman:
"Culture is downstream from the wellspring... which is race."

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2023, 01:27:01 am »
It is my judgement that the worst people in the black community are the black politicians and activists who try to excuse the violent criminality of many young, black males.
They're the ones who really believe (1) white racism causes all black problems (especially white police officers) and (2) easing up on punishments for violent black criminals is helping them.
The opposite is true.
The violence in many black communities in many cities around the country is close to out of control. I don't know how many stories I've read of people attending funerals for young blacks who died in violent ways being shot at by passing cars while leaving the funeral ceremony.
You'd think that the cops in those cities would wise up and stop and check all cars going past the funeral homes, but it seems every week I read another story of a funeral ceremony shot up by passing cars. And to be sure, the dead people are black, and the people doing the drive-by shootings are black.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2023, 09:54:48 pm »
Almost all violence directed at blacks is done by another black.  Whites just do not enter into the equation.

As the movie Sound of Freedom blatantly points out, slavery is greater today in numbers than when slavery was legal.

If blacks gave two cents for their own kind, and they don't, 90% of the violence in America would end.  Do you ever hear of anyone in Chicago making any attempts to end the violence in that city, which is a war zone.  NO!  So the UGLY TRUTH is that BLACK LIVES DO NOT MATTER TO BLACKS.  Otherwise, there would emerge one or more leaders in the black community to end the violence.  Don't hold your breath!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 09:56:11 pm by jafo2010 »

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2023, 12:36:37 am »
Almost all violence directed at blacks is done by another black.  Whites just do not enter into the equation.

As the movie Sound of Freedom blatantly points out, slavery is greater today in numbers than when slavery was legal.

If blacks gave two cents for their own kind, and they don't, 90% of the violence in America would end.  Do you ever hear of anyone in Chicago making any attempts to end the violence in that city, which is a war zone.  NO!  So the UGLY TRUTH is that BLACK LIVES DO NOT MATTER TO BLACKS.  Otherwise, there would emerge one or more leaders in the black community to end the violence.  Don't hold your breath!
I visit the CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox news websites of ten major American cities daily. It is rare that I don't read a story about a shootings, stabbings, robberies, carjackings in all of those cities.
Almost 100% of the time it is black people doing bad things to other black people or non-black people.