Author Topic: Sen. Fetterman reflects on 6-week hospitalization for depression: 'I don’t even like me. That’s the  (Read 255 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
July 29, 2023 8:44am EDT
Sen. Fetterman reflects on 6-week hospitalization for depression: 'I don’t even like me. That’s the truth'
Fetterman expressed dissatisfaction with the Senate and discussed his depressive episode at the beginning of his term
By Timothy H.J. Nerozzi | Fox News

Sen. John Fetterman of Pennsylvania reflected on his first six months in office in an interview published Friday in The New York Times.

The senator gave an overall negative appraisal of the legislature, saying his first half-year in the upper house has left him with the impression that the Senate is more focused on drama than governance.

"There’s a fixation on a lot of dumb sh-t. Bad performance art is really what it gets down to. The debt ceiling — there should have been no drama with any of that," Fetterman told the outlet. "The fact that we’re playing with something like that is antithetical to the stability of our democracy. It really is. Everything is turning into a culture war. Not everything has to be a think piece, you know."

Fetterman spoke at length about his bout of depression, which kept him working out of a hospital for over a month.

"It’s a burden, but a privilege, too, to talk about it. It’s also an opportunity to be very bipartisan," he said. "Red or blue, if you have depression, get help, please. Don’t ever, ever, ever harm yourself. Do not leave behind a blueprint of that."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sen-fetterman-reflects-6-week-hospitalization-depression-dont-even-like-me-truth
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

'I don’t even like me. That’s the truth'

Neither do we, John.  Neither do we.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

No one likes the ogre, least of all his wife (or so it would seem from her behavior during his hospitalization).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DB

Being a puppet for others is supposed to feel bad.