Author Topic: US Army general dies in plane crash near Aberdeen Proving Ground  (Read 131 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Army general dies in plane crash near Aberdeen Proving Ground
By Colin Demarest
 Jul 28, 08:15 AM

Maj. Gen. Anthony Potts, the U.S. Army program executive officer for command control and communications-tactical, seen here at Fort Myer, Virginia, in May 2023.

WASHINGTON — A longtime U.S. Army acquisition officer and aviator has died in a plane crash near Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland.

Maj. Gen. Anthony Potts, who until weeks ago led the service’s Program Executive Office Command, Control and Communications-Tactical, or PEO C3T, died at the scene near 3600 Old Level Road in Havre de Grace, according to the Harford County Sheriff’s Office and media reports.

Potts was the only person in the single-engine plane when it went down in a field July 25. No one on the ground was hurt. Dozens of first-responders were dispatched to search for the wreckage, according to the Level Volunteer Fire Company. The National Transportation Safety Board said it is investigating the matter.

Potts, who grew up in Kentucky, planned to retire soon after nearly four decades of military service. He was commissioned as an Army aviation second lieutenant in 1986 and later served in operations Desert Shield, Desert Storm, Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom. He was also an attack helicopter platoon leader in Germany.

https://www.defensenews.com/battlefield-tech/it-networks/2023/07/28/us-army-general-dies-in-plane-crash-near-aberdeen-proving-ground/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson