Author Topic: Counter-drone microwave system can defeat drone swarms  (Read 138 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Counter-drone microwave system can defeat drone swarms
« on: July 28, 2023, 03:55:27 pm »
Counter-drone microwave system can defeat drone swarms

FEATUREDWIB WEAPONS July 28, 2023 Staff Writer

Marcus Weisgerber
Defense One

Defense startups Anduril and Epirus have combined their technology to create a system that can identify and defeat swarming drones—making them fall out of the sky.

The counter-drone system, which combines Epirus’ high-power microwave called Leonidas and Andril’s Lattice command-and-control technology, was put together for a recent U.S. Marine Corps Warfighting Laboratory demonstration, the companies said.

“This integration with Epirus’ Leonidas provides a new capability to the warfighter that can be used as a part of a series of various layered defeat capabilities connected to Anduril’s Lattice Operating System,” the companies said in a statement provided to Defense One.

The Pentagon has become increasingly interested in stopping swarms of drones that fly in coordination with one another to attack a target. Swarming drones have been used by both Russia and Ukraine over the past year.

https://warisboring.com/counter-drone-microwave-system-can-defeat-drone-swarms/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson