Author Topic: YESTERDAY’ — THE LEGENDARY NAVY SEALS  (Read 133 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
YESTERDAY’ — THE LEGENDARY NAVY SEALS
« on: July 28, 2023, 03:52:13 pm »
YESTERDAY’ — THE LEGENDARY NAVY SEALS
July 27, 2023Matt Fratus

On Dec. 8, 2012, commandos from the elite Naval Special Warfare Development Group descended a mountain to reach a small compound overlooking the Tangi Valley in Afghanistan. Their mission was to rescue Dr. Dilip Joseph, an American citizen who had been abducted by Taliban insurgents some days prior.

As the SEALs moved on foot, PO1 Nicholas Cheque, their pointman, spotted a Taliban fighter standing guard outside the target building. Cheque engaged the man with his rifle and sprinted to the building’s entrance, which was covered with wool blankets fastened to the ceiling and walls.

Cheque weaved through the blankets and was immediately struck in the head by an enemy round. Directly behind him was Chief Edward Byers Jr. Bypassing Cheque, who lay dying on the floor, Byers confronted the gunman and shot him at close range. Then he pounced on another man, using his knees to pin him to the ground before shooting him, too.

Navy SEALs
Master Chief Edward Byers Jr. conducted nine combat deployments during his career. US Navy photo.

Byers called out for Joseph by name and heard someone reply in English. Scanning the room through his night-vision goggles, he spotted the doctor and ran to him. At that point, Byers realized a third Taliban fighter was in the room. He grabbed the man by the throat and pinned him against the wall, allowing more SEALs to safely enter the building and kill the remaining insurgents.

https://coffeeordie.com/navy-seals
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 03:53:07 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson